[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OFFICAL Chargers/Broncos thread

tazinib1

I think Peyton Manning is one of the best QB's I've ever seen. However, I must say I'm sick and tired of all his checks and calls, and rechecks and recalls, and Omaha's....all for a 2 yard play at times. It's pretty horrible TV.

I started feeling this way last year. He does it on EVERY, SINGLE, Play

Edited by tazinib1

Horrible......worst I've seen the Chargers play. Crappy game plan, crappy ST's, can't tackle, mental mistakes. I don't recognize these Chargers at all.

Really? In my opinion they've been schizophrenic all year. When they are good, they are pretty good. When they are bad, well, you are seeing it again tonight.

I think Peyton Manning is one of the best QB's I've ever seen. However, I must say I'm sick and tired of all his checks and calls, and rechecks and recalls, and Omaha's....all for a 2 yard play at times. It's pretty horrible TV.

The five off sides by the Chargers say that it's working.
  • Like 1

When the season started, I didn't give SD much hope. Hell I didn't think they would win 5 games. A lot of people don't realize how bad AJ Smith tore apart this team. When the new regime did not address the OL during FA, I was that much more convinced this was a lost season. I applaud them for a great season. One that most SD fans did not expect, especially this one. Going forward, the secondary is obviously the top priority during the draft. Shoring up the OL is also a HUGH priority. Another play maker at WR would not hurt either (I'm still pist off that AJ Smith let V-Jax walk). We will be saying goodbye to Ken Whizenhunt as well (most likely to Detroit as there next HC). It will be interesting to see who they bring in.

All in all, a great season. I guess I'll have to root for P.Manning now so all the ney sayers will having nothing to crow about come 1st ballot HOF voting. Ugh...I feel dirty.

I really don't like Denver much, but sheesh - I really don't want to see New England in the super bowl yet again. Guess I will (begrudgingly) pull for the Broncos next week.

taz, what's your issue with the Chargers o-line? Maybe I'm just jealous because the Colts o-line is garbage . . . but Hardwick and Fluker? And I was impressed with Dunlap at times (jesus christ is he HUGH) . . . of course, I don't watch them every week.

Edited by CaptainHook

I'm probably not the most objective observer, but I am betting that Denver held back as much as they could in this game to try and keep as much material off film as possible.

I am sure the Hoodie has some specials that no one has seen, but (at least on offense) he is pretty limited by his available personnel.

So does anyone with a brain. Brady/NE have Manning's number, and NE is surging at just the right time (typical for them).

Honestly, the Pats only beat Denver earlier in the season because the Broncos decided not to play in the second half. When they WERE playing, NE was getting clobbered. The pats are definitely getting hot though, so it'll be an interesting game.

I really don't like Denver much, but sheesh - I really don't want to see New England in the super bowl yet again. Guess I will (begrudgingly) pull for the Broncos next week.

The teams I dislike the most:

1. Broncos

2. Raiders

3. Chargers

4. Pats

5. Seahawks

I obviously rooting for a Pats vs. SF superbowl. What I think will happen will be DEN vs. SF. I still think it's SF's year. SEA will be a tough out at home and SF has not fared well there, but the two teams seem to be going in opposite directions offensively IMO so I give SF a slight edge. I could see SEA winning just as easily in which case I think would give them a slight advantage in the SB.

I can't understand why any KC fan would ever root for Denver, in any scenerio. :wacko:

The Broncos played a better game. At least the Chargers made it interesting in the end. At this point, I'm ambivalent with the remaining football season with my home team out and fantasy football in the book as well. Guess I'll half-heartedly root for a Broncos-Seahawks Super Bowl. The Broncos have some ex-Chargers who deserve a shot and I like Russell Wilson. He just seems to be an all-around good guy.

I can't understand why any KC fan would ever root for Denver, in any scenerio. :wacko:

Kind of like how many people in college football root for a particular conference during bowl season, the Broncos going to the super bowl will make the AFC West look a bit tougher. Not a fantastic argument, but I don't like either team, so my good arguments are few and far between. Plus, I've always been a fan of Peyton, so I find it's kind of hard not to pull for him in his final years. I haven't rooted for him much since he went to Denver, but with no horse in the race at this point I might as well. Obviously, it would be a very different story if KC was still in the mix.

I'm probably not the most objective observer, but I am betting that Denver held back as much as they could in this game to try and keep as much material off film as possible.

I am sure the Hoodie has some specials that no one has seen, but (at least on offense) he is pretty limited by his available personnel.

Honestly, the Pats only beat Denver earlier in the season because the Broncos decided not to play in the second half. When they WERE playing, NE was getting clobbered. The pats are definitely getting hot though, so it'll be an interesting game.

Broncos have a tough test I'm just glad they won and will be at home!

And I say Go Broncos!!! Peyton is the OC and Bill & Co. can revel in Mountain Mountain High when they crawl back to NE with yet another playoff loss.

• Like 1

Kind of like how many people in college football root for a particular conference during bowl season, the Broncos going to the super bowl will make the AFC West look a bit tougher. Not a fantastic argument, but I don't like either team, so my good arguments are few and far between. Plus, I've always been a fan of Peyton, so I find it's kind of hard not to pull for him in his final years. I haven't rooted for him much since he went to Denver, but with no horse in the race at this point I might as well. Obviously, it would be a very different story if KC was still in the mix.

I agree with you as I rooted for the cards in the Super Bowl vs the steelers for one I had no dog in the fight also because of NFC west pride but mostly because I always respected and rooted for Warner... That one still stings for me... Screw santonio holmes! Lol

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe