[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Win or lose, Manning could retire in offseason

MustOfBeenDrunk

http://msn.foxsports...l-win-lose.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10282231/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-determine-future-based-results-offseason-neck-exam

So it ain't so ..................................

ETA: Maybe not so much a story as I first thought

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

Manning could go out on top with a Super Bowl win regardless what he says. Everyone wants to repeat John Elway's ride off into the sunset. Then again, Manning could stay just to bury some records.

ETA: Maybe not so much a story as I first thought

This. There's a contract provision they are jumping on that requires him to pass a physical each year to guarantee next year's money.

Just like every other player in the history of the sport, if he doesn't pass the exam he'll have to consider his options. Sorry state of the media feeling the need to hype it like this.

• Like 1

It's just my opinion, but I do think Manning should retire if he wins the SB this year (and I'm not just saying this as a KC fan). There would be no higher note to go out on, setting the yards & TDs record, and winning it all. He would be highly regarded, "His 2 cents would be worth $37 and change". He sticks around, his stock could only fall. As a Manning fan, I don't want to see him go out like Favre.

It's just my opinion, but I do think Manning should retire if he wins the SB this year (and I'm not just saying this as a KC fan). There would be no higher note to go out on, setting the yards & TDs record, and winning it all. He would be highly regarded, "His 2 cents would be worth $37 and change". He sticks around, his stock could only fall. As a Manning fan, I don't want to see him go out like Favre.

Winning back to back SB and breaking all those records again would be more impressive. And at this time there aren't many teams in the AFC able to challenge them.

He'll retire or not based on the injury. If he wins or loses a SB I think he still wants to win another

He won't go out like Favre.

I love how FOX reposts a "report" from ESPN that Manning has to pass the same physical he has the last 2 (3?) years and that both are treating this as a news story. I feel this is a pretty good example of the overabundance of sports media and the pressure to constantly have the most exclusive "news". If its not a repost it's just some half made up garbage. (or both)

• Like 1

Let's not forget: Elway was the whiner that started all the " I'm too good" attitude then ran away from attempting a 3 peat. Jus sayin.

What are you talking about? Never heard this at all. Elway even openly discussed coming back when the Broncos started off 0-4 after Elway retired, but then said that it wasn't the best solution for the team. He was always a team guy, specifically his last 4 or 5 years he was always reworking his contract to help with cap space.

What are you talking about? Never heard this at all. Elway even openly discussed coming back when the Broncos started off 0-4 after Elway retired, but then said that it wasn't the best solution for the team. He was always a team guy, specifically his last 4 or 5 years he was always reworking his contract to help with cap space.

You actually fell for that bait? Whew, that was stinky.

Now go on and stand in the corner for 20 minutes. Don't look at me like that! GO ON - to the corner. Right now!

• Like 2