[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NE/DEN

BeeR

Harris has a torn ACL, which will be a HUGH hit to an already shaky Denver D. Not good when you're going up against Tom Brady :unsure:

yep - I see them getting exposed like Colts were (not necessarily on the ground, in general though)

Maybe the most recent thread but overall the refs are blamed for any result not wanted , whether is is a game win , completed pass , TD , or any NFL record

Oh and that is why I have never complained about a coach running up a score , just like in boxing , if you want to take the decision out of the refs hands , then get the KO
  • Like 1

If you ask Papajohn ( NE ) or most Saint fans they will say the refs :shades:

You can't actually find any thread or post where I blame the refs for anything. I hate it when people do it, which is also one of many reasons why I stopped watching soccer. Soccer fans are way way worse even though there should by all accounts be more judgement calls in NFL.

I dunno...game day thread should be started by a homer IMO

Who says this has to be the game day thread? :shades:

But yeah, I expect the game day thread to be started on.... game day.... so folks just jumping into the conversation don't have to scroll through 4 pages of junk to get to game day discussion.

That said, no harm in having a pre-gameday discussion. Certainly a lot to talk about, especially with these two matchups. The NFL couldn't ask for a better pair of conference championship games. Manning vs. Brady in one, NFC West division rivals SF vs. SEA in the other. Ratings galore.

My thoughts on this one... IF and ONLY if the Pats can keep close early and somehow build a lead, I think their run game wears down the Broncos and keeps Manning off the field. I think this is possible, especially seeing how Belicheat is a mastermind playoff ninja.

Everyone is ballyhooing over the loss of Chris Harris. It would be a big deal if the Pats actually had stud WRs. Rodgers-Cromartie will smother the smurf and Bailey will handle Amendola. That leaves.... uhh... Thompkins? Dobson? Boyce? They're all hurt. No Gronk. So yeah the loss of Harris may hurt but not much.

It's going to be the Pats ability to keep Manning on the sidelines that wins them the game. I think they can do it.

I think NE is going to have same basic game plan as SD did in running the football but they are going to be able to execute it.

Much as want manning to get to the super bowl, I don't think it will happen.

I am thinking NE wins a close one

I think that it will be the DEN run game keeping Brady off the field that wins it for the home team. Moreno will be a stud in similar fashion to the week 12 loss in NE, but with a different game result.

• Like 1

I really look forward to this. It is always great to see one of the best QBs to ever play the game and Peyton Manning in the the same game.

That's redundant.

I think that it will be the DEN run game keeping Brady off the field that wins it for the home team. Moreno will be a stud in similar fashion to the week 12 loss in NE, but with a different game result.

I can't imagine why. Their run game - and their D - is about as reliable as the weather. Some things never change for Manning. Edited by BeeR

Denver's run game is pretty solid. Ball seems to be stepping it up as of late. I think he has a tough game and Denver is successful at slowing down the NE run game. As someone else said, the key will be to keep Manning off the field as when he's on the field he is going to be too much for NE to stop.

Edited by NAUgrad

Brady misses practice today , some say just a common cold but others say the Flu , all rumors but what is not a rumor is most all books jumped to DEN -5-1/2 a full point today

Just a little sand in his vag

• Like 2

Someone is gonna go broke http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peyton-manning-foundation-to-earn-500-dollars-for-every-Omaha-011614

Manning foundation to earn $500 each time he says 'Omaha' at game

Peyton Manning's foundation for at-risk youth will receive a $500 contribution for every time the Denver Broncos' quarterback shouts ''Omaha'' during the AFC championship game.

Manning brought national attention to Nebraska's largest city with his loud ''Omaha'' pre-snap calls during the Broncos' playoff win over San Diego last weekend.

Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce president and CEO David Brown announced Thursday that five Omaha-based companies are combining to donate $500 to Manning's ''Peyback Foundation'' each time he shouts ''Omaha'' in Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.

Manning said ''Omaha'' 44 times in last week's game. The same number against the Patriots would be worth $22,000 to his foundation.

The participating companies are ConAgra Foods, First National Bank of Omaha, Mutual of Omaha, Omaha Steaks and Union Pacific Railroad.