[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Zimmer to be Vikings HC?

alexgaddis

Good for the Vikings. This guy has deserved a shot for a long time. I bet he ends up being one of those coaches that the players really love to play for.

• Like 1

Great hire if true, surprised it took this long. I think he may have been waiting for something specific, or was hoping to be part of a deep playoff run in CIN first. From what I have seen of the Bengals the players really do love playing for the guy. Should make a good head coach.

Looking at his coaching history I had forgotten he was DC for that long, going back to 2000 in Dallas and included several years under Bill Parcells.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ZimmMi0.htm

That would leave the Browns as the only team without a coach. And they were one of the first to fire their coach (first one after season ended I believe, Kubiak was fired before season was over.

Come on now guy , I think you may be putting a little bit to much on this one ( from comments on above link )

thepftpoet says: Jan 15, 2014 10:54 AM

The Minnesota Vikings impending dynasty will hit the NFL by storm, but don’t say you didn’t hear it here first.

Talent wise, we have the best team in the NFL and arguably one of the best teams of all time (other than QB).

Once we draft our franchise QB (and we will) multiple superbowls will be coming to Minneapolis. They are setting themselves up to dominate the NFC for the decade.

Every team will start trying to emulate the Vikings in every way.

Every fan will be jealous of Vikings nation.

Every owner will be jealous they don’t own a historic future dynasty team like the Vikings.

Every coach will fear traveling to Minneapolis to face this legendary Vikings squad.

Every other teams players wish they’d have been drafted by the superior Vikings roster.

Every GM will wish they had the drafting smarts that Rick Spielman has.

Every blade of grass will wish it would have been grown in the new gorgeous stadium that belongs to Minnesota.

Come on now guy , I think you may be putting a little bit to much on this one ( from comments on above link )

The Minnesota Vikings impending dynasty will hit the NFL by storm, but don’t say you didn’t hear it here first.

Talent wise, we have the best team in the NFL and arguably one of the best teams of all time (other than QB).

Once we draft our franchise QB (and we will) multiple superbowls will be coming to Minneapolis. They are setting themselves up to dominate the NFC for the decade.

Every owner will be jealous they don’t own a historic future dynasty team like the Vikings.

Every coach will fear traveling to Minneapolis to face this legendary Vikings squad.

Every other teams players wish they’d have been drafted by the superior Vikings roster.

Every blade of grass will wish it would have been grown in the new gorgeous stadium that belongs to Minnesota.

haha, this guy always posts like this, he's a clown

And don't forget his other comment:

The Minnesota Vikings have now been decided as the symbol of greatness. The Minnesota Vikings are a franchise that has dominated for decades with a .538 overall winning percentage to prove it, ranked #3 in the league worldwide. We also have the most NFC North titles with 18, 7 more than the second closest “rival”. The NFL has recently scammed the Vikings out of multiple Super Bowl rings because they envy our greatness, jealousy like this prevents the Vikings from this, but we will succeed. The impending Vikings dynasty will soon follow, multiple Super Bowl rings will be coming our way and our greatness will be shown worldwide.

Many of you so called “haters” will say this is not true, but haters are known to envy greatness. Martin Luther King is a great example of a person who resembles the Vikings organization, he changed the world and was hated for it, but people recognize him for greatness

The Minnesota Vikings are the prototypical franchise. We are the Lambourghini of cars, the iPhones of cellular devices, The Kate Uptons of females, and our presence can be felt worldwide by our profound greatness. We are the boat floating proudly on your favorite teams tears, sailing to multiple championships.

Anybody recall hearing if Zimmer had many HC interviews in the past? Or possible offers he may have turned down? I know a lot of that is rumor and speculation, just seemed long overdue.

Bengals fans are not happy, he was the one they trusted in that team (not Lewis, not anybody in the front office, certainly not Mike Brown).

Anybody recall hearing if Zimmer had many HC interviews in the past? Or possible offers he may have turned down? I know a lot of that is rumor and speculation, just seemed long overdue.

Bengals fans are not happy, he was the one they trusted in that team (not Lewis, not anybody in the front office, certainly not Mike Brown).

The Bungles - once a laughing stock - have certainly improved their image. That said, I think their ceiling has been reached. They will continue to put out a good enough product on both sides of the ball and may make the playoffs every now and then.... but they're the Detroit Lions of the AFC. Ultimate teases. They'll likely replace Zimmer with a retread and get no better (but not much worse).