[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Payout dilemma in Pick'em work pool

pseudolefty

No general announcement made. Not sure I would've known if I didn't ask. That's why I'm getting the feeling he's procrastinating to the point where he hopes it just goes away by itself.

If he didn't tell management or security or anyone else (besides those whom he owes money), it's pretty f'ing obvious that he's lying and he spent your money.

• Like 1

If he didn't tell management or security or anyone else (besides those whom he owes money), it's pretty f'ing obvious that he's lying and he spent your money.

I think the OP meant there was no general announcement to participants in the pool.

Whether the theft vicitim reported to management, or the authorities is a different story (even more likely BS if he didn't). Though I guess doing either of those could lead him to more trouble.

But not infoming participants, not collecting from everybody (or so he says, has that been verified) and now just trying not to pay up and hoping it goes away all signs to me that he's covering up.

Whether to pursue it or not, that is the OPs call, he has to work there. But I surely wouldn't trust the guy and would spread the word.

Edited by stevegrab

Unless it's against Company policy to run money pools/games during work. Then he probably wouldn't want any of this to get out.

But more importantly, by collecting the money in the first place he is putting himself up as the guarantor of the money, and no matter how he lost it (theft, gambling, hookers, etc.) he is still responsible for making good on it.

name='BeachBum' timestamp='1389921029' post='3915991']

Unless it's against Company policy to run money pools/games during work. Then he probably wouldn't want any of this to get out.[/b]

But more importantly, by collecting the money in the first place he is putting himself up as the guarantor of the money, and no matter how he lost it (theft, gambling, hookers, etc.) he is still responsible for making good on it.

You do make a good point, but what's more "against company policy"? Theft or running a pool? Plus, he doesn't have to tell management or security what the money was for. Heck, he could say he was taking contributions to a co-worker's birthday present or something.

This just reeks of tomfoolery on the guy's part. He blew the money one night when his checking account balance was low and now doesn't have the funds to pay. So he made up the story to get out of paying. :smash:

• Like 1

Plus, he doesn't have to tell management or security what the money was for. Heck, he could say he was taking contributions to a co-worker's birthday present or something.

Oh great, just start lying, get found out, get canned for A) Running a gambling business on Company time, B) lying to management about it.

But don't forget, I say he needs to man up and pay the winnings, no excuses at all for not doing that.

Hey, that's it! OP should threaten to go to management and report his illegal business on Company time, his keeping large sums of private money in his office leading to a theft, and his being a cheat. Maybe OP would get the job? (assuming it's a promotion!

:rolleyes:

Oh great, just start lying, get found out, get canned for A) Running a gambling business on Company time, B) lying to management about it.

But don't forget, I say he needs to man up and pay the winnings, no excuses at all for not doing that.

Hey, that's it! OP should threaten to go to management and report his illegal business on Company time, his keeping large sums of private money in his office leading to a theft, and his being a cheat. Maybe OP would get the job? (assuming it's a promotion!

:rolleyes:

LOL talk about a :rolleyes:

Illegal business... :rofl:

honestly i call BS on this, and he either spent the money or, he spent the money. what i would do is if you really dont think your going to get anything out of him then just ask for your 44$ back out of his pocket since it was HIS responsibility to handle the money and just never do anything like this again with him. if u chose to run this then he accepts responsibility to handle the cash and pay people. if it was the other way around im sure he or anyone else in the league would be hounding the commish for the money.

just my .02