[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 Question NFL History Quiz

DMD

Yes, you can probably google most of these. But see if you can remember. And add on any other trivia questions you can think of.

1. Who and why did a player say “For what? For Who?” in 1995?

2. Who severely beat RB Stephen Davis during practice in 1997?

3. Who ended the career of a teammate in 2003 by crushing his eye socket?

4. Who was suspended and fined for stomping on the face of an opposing lineman in 2006?

5. Who spit into JJ Stokes face during a game in 1997?

6. Trailing by 7 pts in 2003, the Saints ran hook and ladder for a 75-yard TD on the final play. What made it even more incredible than using 5 players to score?

7. In 2000, Antonio Freeman scored a TD on MNF – why did Al Michaels describe the play as “He did what?”

8. Herman Edwards was a HC but what play was he famous for in 1978 when he played for the Eagles?

9. Who was fined $10,000 in 2008 for scoring a TD and then making a snow angel?

10. Who was fined $30,000 in 2003 for scoring a TD and then pulling a cell phone out of the goal posts

I know some of the other answers w/o Googling, but this one still haunts me as a NYG fan:

8. Herman Edwards was a HC but what play was he famous for in 1978 when he played for the Eagles?

... Larry Csonka / Joe Pisarcik where are you now?

Yes, you can probably google most of these. But see if you can remember. And add on any other trivia questions you can think of.

4. Who was suspended and fined for stomping on the face of an opposing lineman in 2006?

6. Trailing by 7 pts in 2003, the Saints ran hook and ladder for a 75-yard TD on the final play. What made it even more incredible than using 5 players to score?

7. In 2000, Antonio Freeman scored a TD on MNF – why did Al Michaels describe the play as “He did what?”

10. Who was fined $30,000 in 2003 for scoring a TD and then pulling a cell phone out of the goal posts

1. T.O. ?

2. Michael Westbrook?

3. Bill Romanowski

4. Albert Haynesworth was the stomper. Girord (sp) was the stompee.

5. I remember this happening, but don't remember who it was . . . seems like it was an LB . . . Romanowksi again?

6. I don't remember this at all! wait . . . is this the game where they miss the XP afterwards?

7. ball bounced off the defender as Freemen laid on the ground, he caught the carom and scored.

8. Miracle at the Meadowlands . . . it's the reason for the kneel down victory formation.

9. Chad Johson?

10. Joe Horn

Edited by CaptainHook

I am almost certain (w/o looking it up) that W. Welker was the 'snow angel' in #9, and that #6 was in fact the 'missed XP' play ... NOS kicker may have been Carney? Captain Hook has several of the others above correct I think, but I believe #1 was Ricky Watters.

1. Ricky Watters (he also holds the playoff record for rushing TDs with 5 in a game)

2. ?

3. Romanowski

4. Haynesworth stepped on Gurode(sp)

5. ?

6. Would have tied the game with the XP but missed it?

7. He was laying on the ground when the ball ended up on his chest. No one other than Freeman and ref realized he caught it.

8. Miracle at the Medowlands :)

9. TO ?

10. Joe Horn

1- Ricky Watters short-armed a pass late in a game in he Eagles were losing and not having a great season

2- Michael Westbrook

3- Romanowski

4- Haynesworth to Gurode

5- Romanowsski

6-?

7- Caught a ball that most people watching thought hit the ground and looked like he was down by contact as well but got up and scored. I remember watching it

8- Miracle at the Meadowlands

9- No idea but I would guess TO or Chad Johnson

10-Joe Horn

Very good.

Zooty (and others above) are correct. #6 was the improbable final play lateral-lateral-lateral that actually worked for once and the Saints needed a win to be in the playoffs. Carney missed the extra point and the Saints missed the playoffs. Probably not a good locker room for him that day,

#9 Wes Welker

I started this because I stumbled across a thing about Ricky Watters and to me he had a tremendous career and yet he got defined by saying that after he had alligator arms on a pass play.

Very good.

Zooty (and others above) are correct. #6 was the improbable final play lateral-lateral-lateral that actually worked for once and the Saints needed a win to be in the playoffs. Carney missed the extra point and the Saints missed the playoffs. Probably not a good locker room for him that day,

#9 Wes Welker

I started this because I stumbled across a thing about Ricky Watters and to me he had a tremendous career and yet he got defined by saying that after he had alligator arms on a pass play.

My local league has one team named "For Who for What?". So yeah, to a lot of Eagles fans that defined him. I think he did it one of his first couple years too.

Good ol classy NFL......

Here's a bunch more trivia things if you're interested/bored - some better than others:

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizzes/sports/american_football/nfl_challenge.html

Forgot about that one. No denying that Steve Smith isn't wound a bit tighter than most.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3516153

Receiver Steve Smith was suspended two games by the Carolina Panthers after his training camp fight with cornerback Ken Lucas.

Smith, a three-time Pro Bowl selection, will continue to practice when training camp resumes Monday and will be allowed to participate in preseason games, coach John Fox said Saturday.

Lucas, who left the practice field at Wofford College on Friday with ice over his left eye, has a broken nose, Fox said. Smith was kicked out of practice and sent back to Charlotte.

"What [smith] did was wrong and we take very serious and he is being punished severely for it," Fox said.

The melee came after both players had taken off their helmets in a break for starters during a special teams drill. It was unclear what provoked the fight. While the two have routinely jawed at each other in practice since Lucas signed with Carolina in 2005, they've never come to blows in view of reporters.

The suspension will cost Smith more than $205,000, a fraction of his base salary. Fox also seemed to issue a stern warning toward Smith and his future actions.

So was 5 Romanowski? After he went to Denver?

I believe the Freeman catch was part of that big game that Favre had playing shortly after his father has passed away. The amazing thing was the defender was nearby, looked at him as he got up and started to run, then looked at the ref like WTF?

Here's one for you all

What NFL player had a flag thrown at him accidentally hitting him in the eye (temporarily blinding him and causing him to miss several seasons, winning a lawsuit against the NFL).

So was 5 Romanowski? After he went to Denver?

I believe the Freeman catch was part of that big game that Favre had playing shortly after his father has passed away. The amazing thing was the defender was nearby, looked at him as he got up and started to run, then looked at the ref like WTF?

Here's one for you all

What NFL player had a flag thrown at him accidentally hitting him in the eye (temporarily blinding him and causing him to miss several seasons, winning a lawsuit against the NFL).

OL for the Browns... think it was Orlando Brown but not 100% sure.

Edit: BJ got it while I was editing in my guess.

Edited by keggerz