[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UNOFFICIAL, non-GAMEDAY BRONCOS vs SEAHAWKS THREAD

BA Baracus

You guys know I tend to be pretty conservative about my homer team. I thought it was a little ridiculous at first to call them the best ever, until I thought about it a little more. Probably the best corner in the game, probably the best two safeties in the game, and a guy that is supposed to be the weak link that is playing like a top 5 corner, at the very least. Teams keep trying Maxwell, and he keeps having none of it. And Thurmond/Lane are probably the best nickel/dime corners in the game. I know there are quite a few secondaries held to lore standards, but I don't think anybody can boast what the LOB can. They very possibly have the 3 best DB's in football. That is pretty ridiculous.

I really do think this is a pretty good matchup for the Hawks. If you're the Broncos, what is the absolute worst matchup for you? A team with a great secondary and a good pass rush. A power running team that can shorten the game.

If you're the Seahawks, you're built to play against passing teams. The one real question mark is whether or not the Seahawks can exploit the weak Denver secondary. The Hawks haven't been able to do that when asked so far. Hopefully Percy can get loose a litlte bit. I expect a tight game in the high 20's, low 30's, but wouldn't be surprised at all if the Seahawks just get it rolling and take Peyton to the shed.

You know what, the more I think about it, don't you have to conclude that Denver really doesn't stand much of a chance? The matchup is just brutal for Denver. A team that passes exclusively, up against the greatest secondary in the history of the game? Things could not possibly line up any worse for Denver.

:lol:

Whistling through the graveyard

• Like 1

You guys know I tend to be pretty conservative about my homer team. I thought it was a little ridiculous at first to call them the best ever, until I thought about it a little more. Probably the best corner in the game, probably the best two safeties in the game, and a guy that is supposed to be the weak link that is playing like a top 5 corner, at the very least. Teams keep trying Maxwell, and he keeps having none of it. And Thurmond/Lane are probably the best nickel/dime corners in the game. I know there are quite a few secondaries held to lore standards, but I don't think anybody can boast what the LOB can. They very possibly have the 3 best DB's in football. That is pretty ridiculous.

I really do think this is a pretty good matchup for the Hawks. If you're the Broncos, what is the absolute worst matchup for you? A team with a great secondary and a good pass rush. A power running team that can shorten the game.

If you're the Seahawks, you're built to play against passing teams. The one real question mark is whether or not the Seahawks can exploit the weak Denver secondary. The Hawks haven't been able to do that when asked so far. Hopefully Percy can get loose a litlte bit. I expect a tight game in the high 20's, low 30's, but wouldn't be surprised at all if the Seahawks just get it rolling and take Peyton to the shed.

Put down the Starbucks bro.

• Like 1

That's why I only wasted 5 words on the response.

But extrapolated out to an entire season.... :thinking:

:woot:

Edited by darin3

A couple interesting tidbits from the past that greatly affected the present:

Josh McDaniels essentially traded Earl Thomas for a CB who is out of the league: http://www.businessi...ks-trade-2014-1

In the 2nd round of the 2012 draft, Elway's pick came down to 2 choices: Brock Osweiler or Russel Wilson

http://sportspressnw...eatured-colored

Edited by Bobby Brown

A couple interesting tidbits from the past that greatly affected the present:

Josh McDaniels essentially traded Earl Thomas for a CB who is out of the league: http://www.businessi...ks-trade-2014-1

In the 2nd round of the 2012 draft, Elway's pick came down to 2 choices: Brock Osweiler or Russel Wilson

http://sportspressnw...eatured-colored

Interesting.

McDaniels is an idiot.

Time will tell whether or not Brock was the right call.

• Like 1

This year, including the playoffs, the Seahawks have allowed just 1 conversion (40 attempts) on 3rd & 11+

Denver converted 7 3rd & 11+ in 30 attempts.

Any feeling on where those 2 numbers (30 attempts for DEN, 40 attempts against SEA) stack up against league average. Seems like 2-2.5 times a game isn't very much.

Any feeling on where those 2 numbers (30 attempts for DEN, 40 attempts against SEA) stack up against league average. Seems like 2-2.5 times a game isn't very much.

I combined numbers from a source that gave me the breakdown based on rushes, passes and scrambles. Also the numbers were 11-15 and 16+ and I combined those too...So here is what I have:

SEATTLE D

RUSH

Distance/Attempts (rank)

11-15/2(17)

16+/0

PASS

11-15/19(22)

16+/14(11)

Scramble

11-15/4(1)

16+/1(4)

=================

DENVER O

RUSH

11-15/1(23)

16+/3(5)

PASS

11-15/31(2)

16+/16(7)

SCRAMBLE

11-15/3(4)

16+/0

ah

still seems strange to me as to why SEA would be favored only at MGM with that big of a swing , I guess if you have the advantage to do so always shop before placing a wager , my guy called me yesterday and said he would extend my pay-up date if I lose until the following month if I took SEA because they were that heavy on DEN ?

still seems strange to me as to why SEA would be favored only at MGM with that big of a swing , I guess if you have the advantage to do so always shop before placing a wager , my guy called me yesterday and said he would extend my pay-up date if I lose until the following month if I took SEA because they were that heavy on DEN ?

If that's the case, it 's because someone walked in with a garbage bag of Benjamins and dropped it on SEA

I have a general question. Is online betting hard to do in the US?

I see all this talk about Vegas, bookies, not playing online and so on and I don't really understand it. I have access at the very least to 20 different online betting sides, which more or less provide every bet I could imagine. Is this a European thing or what is going on?

I just hope there isn't a Darrell Jackson-esque hosejob call or two for 'Hawks fans to gripe about for another 9 years. I think this will be a good game. The Broncos, for all their accolades this year, haven't really put the better teams away. San Diego almost came back in the divisional game. New England got beat pretty well but generally moved the ball in the 4th and kind of hung around. I don't think this one will be easy either way.

I just hope there isn't a Darrell Jackson-esque hosejob call or two

That game was horrible for multiple reasons. One of them being I had money down on Darrel Jackson getting the first TD of the game and that ticky tack call cost me a good chunk of change.

Edited by Bobby Brown