[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UNOFFICIAL, non-GAMEDAY BRONCOS vs SEAHAWKS THREAD

BA Baracus

With only about 3 Hawk fans on these boards, and all of them pretty savvy and FB intelligent, you are going to need less obvious bait to catch a fish.

Case in point. You just cant compliment you guys cause its never enough. Even before you guys won it anyone on the boards knew you guys were going to be terrible winners. You blew out Denver. Big deal. They have 3 out of the top 5 biggest blowouts in superbowl history :lol: Seahawks21 predicted it. For him to take time out of his busy schedule of hating Dallas and talk about something else was a miracle in itself !

• Like 1

He's certainly no JJ Watt. I think everyone was surprised how bad the free agent market was last year for DEs. Bennett and Avril were signed on the cheap for sure. After no-one offered Bennett a long term deal he went to a contender.

and even that contender only gave him a 1 yr deal.

People are giving props, but a Hawks fan isn't satisfied unless we claim them the greatest team in the history of superbowls. I was surprised at the final score for sure. As long s you have tht D , Lynch and a solid game manager like Wilson, you should be tough to beat for the next couple of years.

you are going to need less obvious bait to catch a fish.

what is he saying that isn't true

• Like 1

Case in point. You just cant compliment you guys cause its never enough. Even before you guys won it anyone on the boards knew you guys were going to be terrible winners. You blew out Denver. Big deal. They have 3 out of the top 5 biggest blowouts in superbowl history :lol: Seahawks21 predicted it. For him to take time out of his busy schedule of hating Dallas and talk about something else was a miracle in itself !

There is a big difference in the volume of pregame speculative posts and post game discussion. More than I've ever observed on this board. It's really not that big of a deal to me, I commented on it when it was brought up by SH 21 and the reason is pretty obvious. I can assure you I'm not worried about 'getting enough compliments' as I'm simply a football fan stating the obvious.

By the way, No-one here is saying Seattle is the "best team of all time." except you and one other Cowboy fan sarcastically stating as much in the last page or so. And then in the next breath you wonder aloud why you guys are such victims of getting barbed by fans of other teams.

Edited by Bobby Brown

what is he saying that isn't true

If you are speaking specifically on the Russel Wilson thing, I think there is valid debate on what type of QB he may turn into. Pretty much any QB turns into at least somewhat of a game manger on the 2013 Seahawks. But ,there are also other metrics out there that point to him being capable of bigger stats than what he needed to put up this year.

The biggest SB blowout in the last 21 years against the best NFL offense of all time sure gives one pause in wondering how historically good this defense is.

By the way, No-one here is saying Seattle is the "best team of all time."

You're right. My bad

• Like 1

The difference in pre/ post game posts could also be due to the fact that unless you are a Hawks fan or bet the Hawks the game sucked ass.

Edited by whomper

You're right. My bad

When two opposing American football teams meet on the gridiron (playing field), the player positions depend on whether the football team is playing offense or defense. Football pits the offense, the team with the ball, against the defense, which tries to prevent the offense from scoring. Each side lines up facing the other with the football in the middle.

Here you go: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/football-for-dummies-usa-edition-cheat-sheet.html

If you are speaking specifically on the Russel Wilson thing, I think there is valid debate on what type of QB he may turn into. Pretty much any QB turns into at least somewhat of a game manger on the 2013 Seahawks. But ,there are also other metrics out there that point to him being capable of bigger stats than what he needed to put up this year.

i was speaking to everything Sasquatch stated and did not focus on wilson. i concur with the non-bolded. for the bolded, everything is speculation. there is a lot to be optimistic about. but, as i have said about brady and roth, having other facets so strong (and putting less reliance on high qb play)... it lends itself well for young qb development. with lesser d and run game this year, it is hard to determine how many wins wilson could have lead them to. i like that he is intelligent and well poised.

There is a big difference in the volume of pregame speculative posts and post game discussion. More than I've ever observed on this board. It's really not that big of a deal to me, I commented on it when it was brought up by SH 21 and the reason is pretty obvious. I can assure you I'm not worried about 'getting enough compliments' as I'm simply a football fan stating the obvious.

honestly, board traffic has been pretty low vs years past.

The difference in pre/ post game posts could also be due to the fact that unless you are a Hawks fan or bet the Hawks the game sucked ass.

I enjoyed the game very much and I am neither. It was a thing of beauty!

I really thought Denver's D did fine. Everyone knew they were going to get scored on and the whole team let down after the kickoff return so scoring some TD's in the second half was not a shock. The shock was how horrible Denver's offense was. I know Seattle's D is very good, but they are far from the best D ever. I don't understand how San Fran's O can move the ball but Denver's O that is much better can't do anything. I'm still at a loss.

I know Seattle's D is very good, but they are far from the best D ever.

I may get jumped on here, but that's okay. I don't think the 2013 Hawks defense is the best ever...But I do think there is a plethora of data that shows we shouldn't rule them out of being in the same ball park. Especially with today's rules and how much of a high scoring affair the NFL has transformed into.

Keep in mind, these are 13 of the best defensive performances over the last quarter-century of NFL football. These are the top 13 overall units out of hundreds and hundreds of possible team seasons.

That the Seahawks are middle-of-the-pack finishers nearly across the board in this group doesn't condemn them. Just the opposite: It proves the Seahawks absolutely belong in the conversation of the best defenses in recent memory.

I think this guy who wrote it used to be a huddler no...http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1934237-just-how-good-is-the-seahawks-defense

I don't understand how San Fran's O can move the ball but Denver's O that is much better can't do anything. I'm still at a loss.

Bier answered the question for you; Kaep's 130 yards rushing was 41% of San Fran's offense that day. Against San Fran the Seattle D had to keep in a spy and play 2 safeties deep at times. Against Manning, there was no spy and they played 1 safety deep almost exclusively.

Seattle's D has played very well against elite pocket QBs over the last two seasons. They generally have more difficulty with QBs that can run.

Edited by Bobby Brown

How many more years do you guys expect Lynch to be able to keep producing. He's 27 now, will be 28 before the season starts. Seven years in the league, 1750 rushes, 200 receptions, almost 2000 total touches. Will we wear out at 30 like many others?

I think he'll wear out faster. He runs harder than any RB that has played while I've been alive. Dude takes a bazillion shots. I think he's already just a bit weary. He doesn't go head-first into groups of people as often as he used to. He also has hinted at retirement a few times already. I see him being the guy this year, and getting a few less carries as they get Michael's feet wet, and then basically being phased out quickly after next season.

I think he'll wear out faster. He runs harder than any RB that has played while I've been alive. Dude takes a bazillion shots. I think he's already just a bit weary. He doesn't go head-first into groups of people as often as he used to. He also has hinted at retirement a few times already. I see him being the guy this year, and getting a few less carries as they get Michael's feet wet, and then basically being phased out quickly after next season.

I agree with this. Maybe he has two more bell cow seasons left, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was only one.

• 5 months later...

i was speaking to everything Sasquatch stated and did not focus on wilson. i concur with the non-bolded. for the bolded, everything is speculation. there is a lot to be optimistic about. but, as i have said about brady and roth, having other facets so strong (and putting less reliance on high qb play)... it lends itself well for young qb development. with lesser d and run game this year, it is hard to determine how many wins wilson could have lead them to. i like that he is intelligent and well poised.

bb- i hope you can see that i am not bashing wilson, rather praising luck and what it takes to throw 37 times to win games vs 23.