[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Welp...there goes the neighborhood.

tazinib1

Little by little these changes make the game unfamiliar to what we are used to. Moving up the kick off spot has practically eliminated kick off returns. You can barely hit a qb anymore. You can barely touch a receiver anymore. "Going across the middle" was once a badge of courage for guys like Michael Irvin, Christ Carter, Keyshawn Johnson, now you can dance there and barely get hit (unless your Vernon Davis against chancellor . Dang ! )

I still dont understand and never hear commentators talk about the fact that they moved up the kickoff, but teams never adjusted to get their kicker to still try to pin the ball close to the end-zone. The kickers still boot the thing out of the end zone 9 out of 10 times. Why arent the kickers trying to take something off it, to force the other team to catch it and try and run? :whistle:

I still dont understand and never hear commentators talk about the fact that they moved up the kickoff, but teams never adjusted to get their kicker to still try to pin the ball close to the end-zone. The kickers still boot the thing out of the end zone 9 out of 10 times. Why arent the kickers trying to take something off it, to force the other team to catch it and try and run? :whistle:

Because there's no risk at all and poor field position for the opponent with a touchback. What do you hope to gain by forcing a return? +/- 4 yds maybe? And risk a bigger return? Not worth it.

Ok . . . I've had another idea for a while . . . put another upright down the center of the field goal (or two of them). . . if the ball hits the center pole (or goes through the two center ones), you get 4 points instead of three.

Because there's no risk at all and poor field position for the opponent with a touchback. What do you hope to gain by forcing a return? +/- 4 yds maybe? And risk a bigger return? Not worth it.

Good point. I was always thinking it was in the kicking teams best interest to get a long hang time to get your guys down there and pin them <20 yard line on a kickoff, but what you said makes sense.

Ok . . . I've had another idea for a while . . . put another upright down the center of the field goal (or two of them). . . if the ball hits the center pole (or goes through the two center ones), you get 4 points instead of three.

Drop a 3 foot diameter bullseye. It could just stay there or swing it like a pendulum. Hit that and ya get 5. Put a camera on it so refs could determine a true hit.

RedBull could sponsor it. :pickle:

We need to do the Australian rules football thing. It's more challenging and there's hugh entertainment in the officials' signals as a bonus.

OR . . . five uprights! The center pole is 5 points. Between the center and ones on each side is 4 points. Anything between those and the outside poles is three points.

OR a force field between the goal posts that only opens for a fraction of a second every second or two. Miss the gap, and no XP.

• Like 1

OR a force field between the goal posts that only opens for a fraction of a second every second or two. Miss the gap, and no XP.

I like where this is going. As an added bonus, you can have a group of midgets dressed up as little bear-like creatures trying to cut the power deep in the bowels of the stadium. :thinking:

• Like 1

Now you are being silly. Force fields can not be opened for less than 10 seconds.

Add a sniper position to each team. Any time the ball is in the air the snipers can shoot it down. They can shoot down opposing field goal attempts and passes, or they can shoot their own punts to keep them out of the endzone.

I like where this is going. As an added bonus, you can have a group of midgets dressed up as little bear-like creatures trying to cut the power deep in the bowels of the stadium. :thinking:

Great, just great..............next thing you know Cliaz will be coming up with ways to make this more entertaining and disgusting at the same time. :unsure:

If kicks are almost automatic, then why don't they propose to move the kick back 10, 15, or 20 yards to give the kicker some challenge?

How about move back the spot based on the team's score. 1st TD kick is from the 10, team has nine points, kick is from 20, team has 20 points, kick is from 30 . . .

Or it could be based on difference in 2 teams scores: if behind by a lot it's from the 2, if game is ties, or within one point, it's from the 40?

Or have a six-sided die with 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50 and ref tosses die and whatever comes up is the spot.

Or have the fans in the stadium have wireless gadgets and they get to vote on where to spot the kick?

Or maybe just leave it as it is?

How about move back the spot based on the team's score. 1st TD kick is from the 10, team has nine points, kick is from 20, team has 20 points, kick is from 30 . . .

Or it could be based on difference in 2 teams scores: if behind by a lot it's from the 2, if game is ties, or within one point, it's from the 40?

Or have a six-sided die with 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50 and ref tosses die and whatever comes up is the spot.

Or have the fans in the stadium have wireless gadgets and they get to vote on where to spot the kick?

Or maybe just leave it as it is?

Love the dice toss.

Pretty sure most of us tossing out the outlandish ideas are in favor of keeping the PAT as it is.

Add a sniper position to each team. Any time the ball is in the air the snipers can shoot it down. They can shoot down opposing field goal attempts and passes, or they can shoot their own punts to keep them out of the endzone.

Bullets seem so violent. Maybe just with a crossbow.

"Message for you sir."

From a fantasy perspective, who gets credit for the 7th point? The kicker or the scoring player?

I can see it now:

"I lost my (FF) game last night by one because those stupid "your team here" went for one ("two") after that last TD, missed it and my "your RB here" lost that 7th point!

It also seems funny to think about "going for two" but only getting ONE!