[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pro Bowl Rosters

darin3

How was this not already posted? :thinking: Maybe people really don't give a crap, even with the new "format". IMO Jerry Rice blew Neon Deion out of the water.

Team Rice

Coach: Ron Rivera, Panthers

QB Drew Brees, Saints

QB Philip Rivers, Chargers

QB Alex Smith, Chiefs

WR Josh Gordon, Browns

WR Alshon Jeffery, Bears

WR Brandon Marshall, Bears

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals

TE Jimmy Graham, Saints

TE Tony Gonzalez, Falcons

RB LeSean McCoy, Eagles

RB DeMarco Murray, Cowboys

RB Matt Forte, Bears

FB Mike Tolbert, Panthers

T Joe Thomas, Browns

T Tyron Smith, Cowboys

T Jordan Gross, Panthers

G Jahri Evans, Saints

G Ben Grubbs, Saints

G Evan Mathis, Eagles

C Ryan Kalil, Panthers

C Nick Mangold, Jets

DE Robert Quinn, Rams

DE Cameron Jordan, Saints

DE Cameron Wake, Dolphins

DT Jason Hatcher, Cowboys

DT Marcell Dareus, Bills

DT Kyle Williams, Bills

OLB Justin Houston, Chiefs

OLB Robert Mathis, Colts

OLB John Abraham, Cardinals

ILB Vontaze Burfict, Bengals

ILB Derrick Johnson, Chiefs

CB Joe Haden, Browns

CB Brandon Flowers, Chiefs

CB Antonio Cromartie, Jets

CB Alterraun Verner, Titans

S Eric Reid, 49ers

S Jairus Byrd, Bills

S Antrel Rolle, Giants

ST Justin Bethel, Cardinals

PR Dexter McCluster, Chiefs

K Stephen Gostkowski, Patriots

P Johnny Hekker, Rams

LS Matt Overton, Colts

Team Sanders

Coach: Chuck Pagano, Colts

QB Andrew Luck, Colts

QB Cam Newton, Panthers

QB Nick Foles, Eagles

WR A.J. Green, Bengals

WR Dez Bryant, Cowboys

WR Antonio Brown, Steelers

WR DeSean Jackson, Eagles

TE Jason Witten, Cowboys

TE Jordan Cameron, Browns

RB Jamaal Charles, Chiefs

RB Eddie Lacy, Packers

RB Alfred Morris, Redskins

FB Marcel Reece, Raiders

T Trent Williams, Redskins

T Duane Brown, Texans

T Branden Albert, Chiefs

G Marshal Yanda, Ravens

G Logan Mankins, Patriots

G Kyle Long, Bears

C Mike Pouncey, Dolphins

C Alex Mack, Browns

DE J.J. Watt, Texans

DE Greg Hardy, Panthers

DE Mario Williams, Bills

DT Ndamukong Suh, Lions

DT Gerald McCoy, Buccaneers

DT Dontari Poe, Chiefs

OLB Brian Orakpo, Redskins

OLB Tamba Hali, Chiefs

OLB Terrell Suggs, Ravens

ILB Luke Kuechly, Panthers

ILB Paul Posluszny, Jaguars

CB Patrick Peterson, Cardinals

CB Darrelle Revis, Buccaneers

CB Brent Grimes, Dolphins

CB Tim Jennings, Bears

S Eric Berry, Chiefs

S Eric Weddle, Chargers

S T.J. Ward, Browns

ST Matthew Slater, Patriots

PR Cordarrelle Patterson, Vikings

K Justin Tucker, Ravens

P Brandon Fields, Dolphins

LS J.J. Jansen, Panthers

I give even less of a crap, if that's possible, with the new format. How really, really moranic

They had to try something. I think this at least adds a little extra "fun" to it, I suppose. I don't care one way or the other. If I'm not doing anything on Sunday, maybe I'll flip it on for a half hour. Maybe not. :shrug:

Rivera coaching against Newton just don't seem right

And don't forget J.J. Jansen. How about Pagano coaching against Overton. What a disgrace!

Edited by irish

I give even less of a crap, if that's possible, with the new format. How really, really moranic

+ 1 million

No doubt the change drew in some fantasy geeks and others, to watch the stupid draft or discuss it. Its become more than a joke, the NBA All Star game is more competitive / interesting :out:

Only reason I'll tune in is if Deion really suits up, I'd love to see him not tackle some more guys.

I didn't even realize they did the draft already until I saw this thread this morning. I must be living under a rock or something, because other than the initial mention of this was how they were going to select the pro bowl teams this year, I had no idea when the thing was going to take place.

I didn't even realize they did the draft already until I saw this thread this morning. I must be living under a rock or something, because other than the initial mention of this was how they were going to select the pro bowl teams this year, I had no idea when the thing was going to take place.

It was on NFL network and they promoted it regularly. Saw ads for it on that channel watching one of their Playbook (Xs & Os show each week on Friday) shows before last weekend. Not sure if it was on ESPN or other channels, if it was on ESPN I'd excpect them to have promoted it too.

I watch NBC pretty regularly (local news, Jay Leno) and haven't seen ads for the ProBowl. Of course I watch so much on DVR these days that I rarely watch ads, so if the promotion is part of an actual program I don't see them.

Hmm, the NHL All-Star game has used a similar "draft" format since 2011, don't follow NHL at all so didn't know that.

Also read just now that this game will be the last one on broadcast TV before being moved exclusively to ESPN.

The NHL all star draft was pretty cool originally. They had position requirements and a couple other rules stating something like a goalie had to be picked in the first 5 rounds or something like that, but otherwise it was pretty entertaining. The last guy picked also won a new car (and the look on Phil Kessel's face when he was sitting there by himself at the end was pretty priceless). I watch a lot more NHL than football though, so I saw that one hyped pretty regularly.

I almost never watch the NFL network. Unless I'm at a bar where ESPN and it's spinoffs are on, I never watch that anymore either. That would explain why I didn't know about the nfl all star draft.

Every year, "the probowl sucks, they should just do away with it". Look, the game is just meant to be having the best football players in the world playing a friendly backyard style game. I don't know why that bothers people so much.

By making this into more of a fun backyard picking of teams, it really brings out what the game is meant to be: a fun reward for the players excellent seasons, to go to hawaii and have fun with their colleagues. It's never going to be some serious competition, so maybe people will enjoy it more if they view it for what it is.

Do you really want the NFL to try to overdo it for ratings-sake? I'm not even saying I'll care to watch the whole game, but I will enjoy watching some of my favorite players out there and celebrating the end of another exciting NFL season. Don't take it seriously and maybe, just maybe, you might not find it so unbearable to watch.

Every year, "the probowl sucks, they should just do away with it". Look, the game is just meant to be having the best football players in the world playing a friendly backyard style game. I don't know why that bothers people so much.

By making this into more of a fun backyard picking of teams, it really brings out what the game is meant to be: a fun reward for the players excellent seasons, to go to hawaii and have fun with their colleagues. It's never going to be some serious competition, so maybe people will enjoy it more if they view it for what it is.

Do you really want the NFL to try to overdo it for ratings-sake? I'm not even saying I'll care to watch the whole game, but I will enjoy watching some of my favorite players out there and celebrating the end of another exciting NFL season. Don't take it seriously and maybe, just maybe, you might not find it so unbearable to watch.

Then make it touch football why even bother playing in pads and helmets.

Then make it touch football why even bother playing in pads and helmets.

Sounds like the same butthurtedness I always hear when it comes to the Probowl. You know exactly why it isn't full-contact for an exhibition game. Get over it.

Would you prefer they made it like the MLB, where home-field advantage in the Superbowl is decided by a meaningless exhibition game? I've actually boycotted the MLB postseason (outside of Braves games) for that exact reason.

Look, the game is what it is. It is a reward for the players to go out and have a good time with one another in Hawaii. If you can't find any enjoyment in something that doesn't have the intensity of a regular season game, then don't watch, but it baffles me why some seem so offended by it that they're calling for the game to be eliminated or changed.

But of course most don't have an issue if you get sucked into a crappy movie or reality show marathon when there's nothing good on TV. Those can suck and still be moderately enjoyable, but watching the best athletes in the world play in a friendly backyard style game, HOW DARE THEY!!!

It's just stupid to me. People would be a lot happier if they learned to find enjoyment in things that aren't exactly the way they want them to be.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

You sound like the one who is butt hurt, you must really love the Pro Bowl.

As for MLB, no I think that is stupid, but at least gives some interest to the game. If I recall correctly the home field advantage prior to that was alternated each year, which is just as dumb. Of course all hail the mighty $$$ and TV contracts, cannot actually have the best team have home field. Or play the NFL Championship on the home turf of the best team left. (Super Bowl name is equally dumb, as it allows a convenient dismissal of NFL champs prior to that time. Imagine renaming the WS, or Stanley Cup and acting like those titles before were somehow less important.

Oh and kudos to ignoring the MLB playoffs, when they matter less to you (I have to assume your a Braves fan).

PS Last time I checked many people here complain about stupid stuff, not so sure why you've got a hard on to go after those bashing the Pro Bowl.

Pagano coaching against Mathis

Yeah, saw that one but thought it was funnier to use the long snapper.