[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pro Bowl Rosters

darin3

DoG -2

stevegrab - 0

Meh, I thought his was a decent response. I don't mean to lambast people for not caring for the Probowl, nor do I really have any interest in changing their minds about watching or enjoying it.

I'm just doing my own bitching and complaining that people seem to want the Probowl to be something that it just isn't going to be, nor was ever intended to be.

I like that they're trying to do things like this to make a meaningless game more fun, and it does concern me that there is such a massive push against the game no matter what, that they might try to make it more "meaningful" for ratings sake. That could have far more consequences.

So maybe I actually am trying to tell people to cool it about expecting the Probowl to be something more than it is, or you might regret what you get. Goodell could do so much worse than doing things like changing the format to a real-life fantasy draft, telling the players to show a little more effort, and moving it to before the Superbowl so it's not a lackluster farewell to the season.

It's a celebration of the season, it's a reward, it's for the players even more. View it as that instead of expecting it to be like a real game, and you might find it's not the worst thing in the world.

• Like 1