[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2014 Best 1st round draft position

Slugs3511

Standard ppr scoring with normal staring 2 rbs and 3 wrs and a flex......May as well get this started? Assuming no rookie will go in the first round, none that I can think of? Where would you like to be in the first round, who do you think you would get?

For me, I think I would take Josh Gordon in the first and think I could even get him at 12? Then take another wr at 13..... Thoughts?

A really hard question to answer until the FF community comes to some kind of consensus where the later firsts and second round picks will be snatched up, because I like to base my preferred draft slot on who I can expect to still get on the turn-around, to have the strongest first 2 picks as possible to build the core of my team (and also to compensate if my first-rounder underperforms, to have an anchor).

But right now, I want to pick in the first 9 picks. I think people will feel very snake-bit by the RB busts this year, and I expect to see a pretty even mix of top RBs and WRs taken, espeically in PPR.

You've pretty much got just your top 4 scorers at RB this year who are trustworthy enough: Charles, McCoy, Forte, Lynch. From there, there are tons of good options at RB if you can't get one of those, but all with too many question marks for top 5 consideration.

I then see a run on the WRs: Calvin, AJ Green, Dez, Josh Gordon (maybe Julio slides into the end of the first if his rehab goes smoothly and he's back looking like a beast, but his elite upside is balanced by very real injury risks).

Then of course Jimmy Graham is in there somewhere. You could make an argument he's a top 5 pick in a TE-required league, but for me, I'm not taking him too early if I can't make sure I get some strength at other positions after the longer wait to the late second. But 7, 8, 9, 10, I'm strongly considering it.

I know people always say they hate picking in the middle of the round, but especially this year, I love to not have to wait to long between picks. Pick around 6th or 7th, get either one of the top 4 RBs or an elite WR or Graham, and I'm stoked to not have to wait too long to grab my next pieces.

Oh and I guess Manning will probably go off the board by the 10th pick, but I'm probably going to stay away from trying to chase a record-breaking year, when he's likely to have a much smaller gap vs the other QBs next year. There is a lot of talent at that position. It was just kind of an off-year for QBs.

Yeah...my guess is that the badwagon will be thumping a "you don't need a RB early" theme next season.

I have to see what the concensus is as I will generally work counter to that to grab the value that gets overlooked.

Too early & I doubt Gordon makes it to 1.12

This

If 2 RBs are required, and I'm picking first, I'm taking McCoy or Charles all day long.

And This

I expect the first round of a redraft to include some assortment of these guys, maybe in this order:

Charles

McCoy

AP

Forte

Lynch

Megatron

Graham

Peyton

Gordon

Demaryius

AJ Green

Dez

Either 1, 2, or too early to call. After the 2 the issue isn't who you'll get in the first, but where the cutoff is in the 2nd to the tier drop. At some point in the 2nd you're going to say "yuck, 2nd rounder for this donkey" (that's why I call it the donkey pick) and so the answer will be the pick before that.

Charles

McCoy

???

Profit