[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I-95 between NC and Wash DC

WashingtonD

Same here, we got hammered with about a foot. It's drizzling now but are expected to get about another couple inches tonight. Travel won't be fun today but should be better by tomorrow.

Anyone live along this route and can give me a real view of what it looks like out there? I'm stuck in Raleigh and desperately need to be in Boston by 2-3 PM on Friday.

I'm debating driving my SUV from Raleigh to Wash and Acela tomorrow

Did you make it?

• 3 weeks later...

Was the most white knuckled drive of my life. 4 hour drive took 7 hours.

Ice, sleet, snow, fog, and poor drivers.

The cocktail when I hit the hotel bar in DC that night tasted like victory however

We are about to get hammered again tomorrow.

We are about to get hammered again tomorrow.

We were supposed to as well. 2 days ago they were predicting 10-16 inches of snow here in central Jersey and now it's 2-4. Crazy turn of events.

• 2 weeks later...

Was the most white knuckled drive of my life. 4 hour drive took 7 hours.

Ice, sleet, snow, fog, and poor drivers.

The cocktail when I hit the hotel bar in DC that night tasted like victory however

Damn, wish I would have known you were in the area. I'm 20 minutes outside of Raleigh and you could have crashed here if you didn't want to drive. Anyways the most 'white knuckled' drive I did on 95 from Raleigh to DC was hurricane Irene. My leagues draft was up in MD so I drove from Raleigh up to DC and then over to Annapolis in the middle of that hurricane. There were two times I didn't think I was going to make it because of the winds. Normally I can get from here to Bowling greens on 3/4s of a tank of gas. But because I was driving head on into the wind I didn't get to Richmond before I was almost out of gas. Horrible drive but all in the name of draft day.