[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big news W/ Sharper and no one posts it

boltnlava

Sharper surrended to NOLA police yesterday, charged with 2 counts of aggravated rape

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/news/investigations/ex-nfl-star-sharper-surrenders-police-rape-charges-n40671

If convicted he'll be facing serious time according to the article

A conviction of aggravated rape in Louisiana carries a sentence of “life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation or suspension of sentence,” the department said.

What seems odd to me is a single guy that plays in the NFL really shouldn't have much of a problem getting laid. Why the hell is he drugging all these women if its true ?

What seems odd to me is a single guy that plays in the NFL really shouldn't have much of a problem getting laid. Why the hell is he drugging all these women if its true ?

Stupidity or psychological issues. Many times it has nothing to do with sex and more to do with power and control or insecurity. Maybe these aren't the only women he's done it to. Habits are hard to break. It's similar to a guy taking a woman out and getting her drunk.

"rape by use of drugs" is not even on the same planet as a guy taking a woman out and getting her drunk. If this is all true I hope they hang his ass from the highest tree they can find

It absolutely is. If your intention is to put a substance in someone else's body with the purpose of having your way with them, than its spot on. In some cases the people know about the drugs/alcohol in others they don't.

Agreed on the tree thing.

Edited by irish

"rape by use of drugs" is not even on the same planet as a guy taking a woman out and getting her drunk. If this is all true I hope they hang his ass from the highest tree they can find

It absolutely is. The heart of the crime is in the sex act itself. The whole "she got herself drunk, I didn't force her to drink" doesn't excuse anything. Taking advantage is taking advantage.

A guy taking a woman out for an evening of drinking and partying and them getting drunk and having consensual sex is the same as slipping drugs in her drink and raping her?

You guys are fn nuts

...But if you get her drunk with the intention of banging her? Maybe not as severe, but in the same ballpark IMO.

A guy taking a woman out for an evening of drinking and partying and them getting drunk and having consensual sex is the same as slipping drugs in her drink and raping her?

You guys are fn nuts

That's the thing though. In many states, if you are drunk you cannot legally give consent, so technically it is rape.

Ex-NFL S Darren Sharper has been charged with drugging and raping two women in Los Angeles.

These are felony charges. Sharper, 38, is accused of raping two women whom he had invited back to his hotel room. He reportedly gave them liquid shots containing Ambien and morphine, causing them to pass out. One woman woke up while Sharper was assaulting her, while the other woke up naked hours later.

If you all think this isn't different than going out with a woman, having drinks and going back to your place...I don't know what to tell you

Ex-NFL S Darren Sharper has been charged with drugging and raping two women in Los Angeles.

These are felony charges. Sharper, 38, is accused of raping two women whom he had invited back to his hotel room. He reportedly gave them liquid shots containing Ambien and morphine, causing them to pass out. One woman woke up while Sharper was assaulting her, while the other woke up naked hours later.

If you all think this isn't different than going out with a woman, having drinks and going back to your place...I don't know what to tell you

It's a different way but in the same category. You go out or invite a woman back and continue spiking her drinks with stronger amounts of alcohol than she expected and than take advantage of her/them, with them waking up during or afterward = similar.

Dirty, scumbag either way.

I know this has been played out by a few others already, but simply because its legal to some (over 21) and it's use is much more common, it's often overlooked, that Alcohol IS a drug, and is the ONLY drug that can cause death by stopping cold turkey.

Edited by millworkguy

I know this has been played out by a few others already, but simply because its legal to some (over 21) and it's use is much more common, it's often overlooked, that Alcohol IS a drug, and is the ONLY drug that can cause death by stopping cold turkey.

Some truly don't understand how damaging alcohol can be. Coming from a family of alcoholics, alcohol can be just as bad as drugs. And whether sharper used drugs or alcohol, he was wrong and should be punished either way.

• Like 1

I can see both sides of the argument you guys are making. I agree with bud29 (I know you are excited about that!). It has a lot to do with intent. To me it is one thing to go out with a woman, you both get tipsy and end up sleeping together, which there is nothing wrong with. It is another thing to take a woman out with the specific intention of getting her drunk so that you can take advantage of her. The latter is in the same ballpark as drugging them. It might not be to the same extent (depending on the circumstances) since he slipped drugs into their drink without them knowing it in order to take advantage of them. For example, on a normal date the woman has the ability to say no to any additional alcohol to prevent herself from being put in a position in which she can be taken advantage of. They are IDENTICAL situations however, if the guy is slipping additional or stronger alcohol into her drink without her knowing it with the intention of taking advantage of her later. That is the exact same thing as drugging her.

Edited by sausagekingchi
  • Like 1

It's a different way but in the same category. You go out or invite a woman back and continue spiking her drinks with stronger amounts of alcohol than she expected and than take advantage of her/them, with them waking up during or afterward = similar.

Dirty, scumbag either way.

Well now you are twisting the scenario around to fit (spiking the drinks with extra alcohol).

Two people going out for drinks and then having sex is not rape, not even close to spiking drinks with drugs. Now if you're spiking her drinks in some way, you have a point.

I believe that is all howaboutthemcowboys is saying.

By the way, NFL network fired Sharper over the weekend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/01/report-nfl-network-fires-darren-sharper/

Wow, somebody gets it

Well now you are twisting the scenario around to fit (spiking the drinks with extra alcohol).

Two people going out for drinks and then having sex is not rape, not even close to spiking drinks with drugs. Now if you're spiking her drinks in some way, you have a point.

I believe that is all howaboutthemcowboys is saying.

By the way, NFL network fired Sharper over the weekend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/01/report-nfl-network-fires-darren-sharper/

Wow, somebody gets it

And that somebody is not you. ;)

For guys like this, it isn't about getting laid, it's about the power and control, taking advantage of someone, and causing others to suffer.

If the accusations are true, the dude is a trucking predator and should never breathe free air again in his life.

• Like 1

Im with HBTC on this and its not even close . He is talking about going out with a woman, having drinks and then consensual sex at the end of the night. The woman had a choice to drink and the woman had the choice to agree or disagree to the sex. The drinks were part of having some fun. The drinks werent used to knock the person out to have sex with them. Sharper took away the persons choice on both fronts. He slipped them the drug unknowingly (very different than a woman having drinks that nobody forced on her) and then had sex with them when they were knocked unconscious because of the drugs he illegally slipped them without their consent. They obviously cant give consent while they are asleep. In the drinking scenario. If the person passes out from drinks whether they agreed to the drinks or not, and you have sex with them, yes I consider that rape because they arent awake to consent to the sex. If they are drunk and have consensual sex with you and they got drunk by their own choice, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. A night out laughing it up and drinking with a women and finishing it it off with a bang you both agree to is friggin awesome. It isnt rape.

Edited by whomper
  • Like 1