[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Illegal Use Of Words

keggerz

What will be odd is if they call it on a black player for calling another black player N******. And do they care about variations? If I was a referee, I would NOT like this. Hard enough to call plays correctly without trying to hear what players are saying.

What will be odd is if they call it on a black player for calling another black player N******. And do they care about variations? If I was a referee, I would NOT like this. Hard enough to call plays correctly without trying to hear what players are saying.

Exactly what I was thinking. What if someone calls someone the n word celebrating a good play?

Just penalize the players after the game is over if they should be unfortunately enough to get caught on tape. That way it seems like you are doing something about foul language and racial slur even though you are really not.

I look forward to the refs calling the penalty though: "illegal use of a word: 15 yards penalty and automatic first down".

another thing..these are grown men playing football, we're gonna start seeing penaties for words? Cmon man...

Seriously. I can only imagine a player complaining to the ref that someone called them a name.

Just penalize the players after the game is over if they should be unfortunately enough to get caught on tape. That way it seems like you are doing something about foul language and racial slur even though you are really not.

I look forward to the refs calling the penalty though: "illegal use of a word: 15 yards penalty and automatic first down".

Agree. This is fine territory, not something that should impact games.

Just that word? Why not slurs towards any other race? Why not slurs of any kind?

from the article.
Newsome also said the committee talked about other slurs coming under any possible new rule, including homophobic slurs.

LOL

This doesn't surprise me at all. Let's kiss the hypersensitive whiners' butts and wussify the NFL even more - starting of course with the all-powerful race card. Shocker.

This has become a game played by children, run by retards, and even more of a circus of the absurd than I thought possible, which is amazing in itself.

I can see it coming to this: "Mr Ref, he called me a..a......boogerface! * BAWL * "

(Ref pats player on helmet) "there there now, don't worry we'll makum all better.....I'll penalize the bully and you go and get some milk n cookies on the sideline and the Sensitivity Coach will help you recover."

BULLYING.......15 YDS AND PLAYER IS EJECTED FOR BEING A MEANIE!

*Martin applauds as he sips formula from his bottle*

lol

Wooten, who previously has urged all players to stop using the N-word, thinks the NFL will rule an automatic 15-yard penalty for first-time offenders and an ejection for second infractions.

Surprised no comments on that one.

Clearly you can't say n*****

Can you say n****? Can a black person say it? To a white guy?

Is dick a slur, a name, or a tasty treat (for some)?

This is going to be a debacle.

I will tell you something else , slag words will replace the words they are using now in a heartbeat if this rule goes thru ! It will be an ever growing list if they try to enforce this.Gay or Homo will be replaced with Smoker , "N" word will be replaced with Crow or Eggplant

Irish players are going to be called " Paddy " all of these words are innocent when used properly but will be added to the list and soon is will become ,,, Well the NFL and we all know what that stands for now