[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mel Kiper's Draft Report is dead

DMD

I bought one every year since 1995 I think. Kept them all for reference on what players were like before they were drafted. Says he won't produce it anymore after 35 editions of the Blue Book. OurLads has a good book as well though it costs $32. Anyone else produce solid material on all the rookie's backgrounds, stats and outlooks? I like having reference material on hand. Plus it is fun to go back and read the outlooks on monumental busts like Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russel, et al.

Kiper remains on ESPN and a part of the ESPN Insider.

My former boss was getting those way back then as well.

Early on some mistake was made on what he received and he called the number on the book to get help and it was Kiper's wife that was answering the phone.

Used to get Pro Football Weekly's annual draft book. Great read and great info to follow before and after the draft. I'd like one for this years draft as well if I can find one.

That was a solid draft guide from people who knew what they were talking about. Pro Football Weekly is no longer in publication though. The publisher and owner, Hub Arkush is still running a website and the tv show. He's expressed interest in still putting out his draft guide though. My guess is he will at least have something out there before draft day.

I also used to buy Pro Football Weekly's draft guide. The content was rock solid, and the price was decent. Ourlads does a great job, but their guide is pricey.

Can anyone recommend a good draft guide?

I also used to buy Pro Football Weekly's draft guide. The content was rock solid, and the price was decent. Ourlads does a great job, but their guide is pricey.

Rotoworld puts out a solid one. So do we...just say'n.

Wish Mayock would have the time to put one together. This guy is by far the best talent evaluator currently. Wish he would get in the Dallas draft room and duck tape JJ.

Agreed.

Wish Mayock would have the time to put one together. This guy is by far the best talent evaluator currently. Wish he would get in the Dallas draft room and duck tape JJ.

+1

Rotoworld puts out a solid one. So do we...just say'n.

Oops, I meant I was looking for a good draft guide magazine or a book.

Anything to get myself away from the computer once in a while. :smashpc::weird:

In the immortal words of Bill Tobin: "who the #### is Mel Kiper?"

Melvin is a Dill Josh Gordon, no loss IMO.

But...but...the hair alone has to be worth something.

Nolan Nawrocki wrote the PFW guide the past few seasons. He is doing the book again sans PFW; as a former buyer I just had the link emailed to me, so I thought I'd pass it along:

Link

Also worth checking out: Matt Waldman's Rookie Scouting Portfolio

Matt does a bunch of rookie stuff for Football Outsiders and Football Guys, and his book is as thorough as you'll find. Pretty sure it's available printed as well as electronically, and a portion of his proceeds go to charity.

And a new one on the horizon (at least new to me) is the one Bryan Perez at First Round Grade puts out. I've enjoyed his stuff and followed him on Twitter, but this will be my first year with the book.

2V

Nolan Nawrocki wrote the PFW guide the past few seasons. He is doing the book again sans PFW; as a former buyer I just had the link emailed to me, so I thought I'd pass it along:

Link

Also worth checking out: Matt Waldman's Rookie Scouting Portfolio

Matt does a bunch of rookie stuff for Football Outsiders and Football Guys, and his book is as thorough as you'll find. Pretty sure it's available printed as well as electronically, and a portion of his proceeds go to charity.

And a new one on the horizon (at least new to me) is the one Bryan Perez at First Round Grade puts out. I've enjoyed his stuff and followed him on Twitter, but this will be my first year with the book.

2V

Thanks 2V, I'll check these out. :tup:

I had been wondering what happened to Nawrocki after PFW folded. He knows his stuff.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I cannot stand kiper, the way he looks, the way he talks and he reminds me of a slightly younger Brian Billick. I think both are such blow-hard, cocky Bastids.

• Like 1

I cannot stand kiper, the way he looks, the way he talks and he reminds me of a slightly younger Brian Billick. I think both are such blow-hard, cocky Bastids.

Big difference: Billick, while he can be annoying, is at least qualified to talk about football while Kiper is nothing but a blowhole.

Big difference: Billick, while he can be annoying, is at least qualified to talk about football while Kiper is nothing but a blowhole.

I meant more in regard to looks. But the look does detract from what they may know for me. Makes it hard to watch. Billick's face is awful.

• 2 weeks later...