[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Free Agency 2014

BeeR

Hopefully Colts steal Mack away from them (why no action on this guy

the $10M transition tag is too high for a team to consider for a center. Reason it is that high is that all OL are lumped together for tagging purposes.

the $10M transition tag is too high for a team to consider for a center. Reason it is that high is that all OL are lumped together for tagging purposes.

Well his agent was telling the Browns they would have no problem getting a higher offer from another team, yet we've heard very little about any action. I agree that $10M is a lot, and the reason the Browns did it is they can manage that under the salary cap. Most other teams will not be able to.

I hope he's back, and they can work out a long term deal.

More on Mack from a local article

Pro Bowl center Alex Mack has made it clear that he’s in no hurry to sign the transition tag the Browns placed on him March 3, and Mack’s lead agent, Marvin Demoff, believes he can craft an offer sheet with another team that the Browns wouldn’t match.

Still, Mack has yet to visit another team since free agency began March 11, ProFootball
Talk.com reported Tuesday.

If Mack signs the transition tag, he’d return to the Browns under a one-year, $10.039 million contract, which would make him the highest-paid center in the NFL by about $2 million.

from this also talks about Eric Berry visiting with the Browns

Have a feeling Mack is pissed about the tag, hopefully he doesn't hold out or otherwise make trouble (if he's a Brown).

A good article about Andrew Hawkins path to the NFL and how it all started with the Browns

http://www.ohio.com/...-dream-1.474396

Edited by stevegrab

Thx BJ, didn't know it was that high. sheesh

ESPN reporting Jared Allen signing with Seahawks. WOW!! Only makes our good defense that much better!

I was hoping that didn't happen.

Seriously, I'm not sure if Cam is even draftable at this point.

They might change his positron title, cause all he'll be doing is running. Normal per game passing stat line- 5 for 7 for 52 yards. Rushing- 12 for 110 and 2 tds.

I didn't think Allen would take a pay cut to play for the Seahawks. Either they increased their offer on his second visit or he decided at this point he'd rather just have a SB ring. I hated to see Chris Clemons and Red Bryant leave, but at their salaries and current decreased production, replacing them with Jared Allen at a cap friendly cost is a nice move.

I didn't think Allen would take a pay cut to play for the Seahawks. Either they increased their offer on his second visit or he decided at this point he'd rather just have a SB ring. I hated to see Chris Clemons and Red Bryant leave, but at their salaries and current decreased production, replacing them with Jared Allen at a cap friendly cost is a nice move.

Exactly this. However, I just read on ESPN that it is not a done deal and that Allen will be making his decision this weekend. Don't count your chickens....

Edited by heehawks

Maybe their's was the biggest offer he got?

I didn't realize coming to Seattle meant a SB ring..should we cancel the season now? :unsure:

:lol:

Local chatter was pointing towards him hanging his cleats up. Most talking heads really thought he was done.

I figured he'd get something done up in the Pacific NW.

He will most certainly sign a one-day deal with the Vikes after a year or two with the Hags.

where is the interest in Knowshon Moreno? i see he'll visit Miami now but the guy is a vet coming off a solid year. he can pass protect and is a very good pass-catching RB. he's not more than an average runner but in a passing scheme, which many teams use, i'd think he'd be a great option. i just don't get the NFL sometimes. he would have been a great fit in San Diego to split time with one other back.

where is the interest in Knowshon Moreno? i see he'll visit Miami now but the guy is a vet coming off a solid year. he can pass protect and is a very good pass-catching RB. he's not more than an average runner but in a passing scheme, which many teams use, i'd think he'd be a great option. i just don't get the NFL sometimes. he would have been a great fit in San Diego to split time with one other back.

Might have something to do with last year being his first full season since entering the league. I'm sure there's a lot of teams that think he benefited greatly from the Manning lead offense also.

I get bringing in a vet (since Schaub is gone) but I think Keenum is not getting nearly enough consideration/respect/whatever. He IMO did very well all things considered.

Which is why I like the Fitzpatrick signing. He's very beatout-able and has sat behind multiple guys multiple times in his career so he shouldn't have any issue if they go with Keenum and/or draft one.

True enough. I think it has to be a hard hard call for them on who to draft at #1, esp as they can still get a quality guy in the second if they pull the trigger on Clowney. In fact, Manziel might be there and well worth a 2d rounder.

Anyway, I see OAK signed Schaub and I think it's a very smart move - basically risk-free and who knows what Schaub may yet have in the tank? IMO people are writing him off way too quickly. The biggest problem IMO is he needs far better weapons around him; he's not the Manning, carry the team on his back kinda guy, but given the supporting cast, he could do well.

Edited by BeeR