[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Free Agency 2014

BeeR

And that right there is the biggest issue. Carolina was so close last year. They just needed some added offensive weapons and a player or two on D. Now it's a mess and they are stuck.

Serves them right for destroying the fantasy value of two talented RBs in their primes.

• Like 1

So where's CJ rate out as a RB this year, solid to lower end RB2 or does anyone think he'll be better than that?

I'd like to watch a little preseason just to get a feel for how they would use him, but I'm thinking lower end RB2 to RB3 is about right.

So where's CJ rate out as a RB this year, solid to lower end RB2 or does anyone think he'll be better than that?

Last year the Jets had 394 total carries and 54 total receptions and the top rusher, Ivory, had 182 to Powell's 176.

Definitely a timeshare between CJ and Ivory, with Powell playing the #3 role. This sharing will limit his touches which is probably a better thing anyhow with concerns over his knee. He underwent minor surgery to repair a torn mensicus following last season and there are some reports that some arthritis has developed. However, if healthy, he could carve out 10-15 carries and 2-4 receptions per game, that would be about 220 carries and about 50 grabs. Last year, his yards per carry dipped to the lowest in his career to 3.9. If he gets that 220 carries at about 4 YPC that equals 880 yards on the ground with about 5 TDs, with 50 receptions for 410 yards and another 3-4 TDs. That would be 270 touches for 1290 total yards and 8-9 TDs = 227-233 fantasy pts. That would put CJ at about 12th in a 1 PPR league and a low end #1-high #2.

If CJ trends downward to the 10 carries per game and 2 receptions, than we're looking at 170 carries for 680 yards and 34 receptions for 280 yards (960 ttl yards) and 6-7 total TDs = 172 fantasy pts which would rank him about 25th among RBs and a low end #2 or high end #3.

I feel he'll be closer to the first version with around or over 200 carries and 40 rec. for 1120 total yards and 7 TDs, 194 fantasy pts. or 19th among RBs from this year and a mid-level #2 RB.

Time will tell...

Edited by irish
  • Like 3

Good post, Irish... those numbers sound about right but you can't necessarily figure in the "chip on his shoulder" factor. Personally, I'd add maybe 10-20% onto those numbers based on how Rex Ryan (and more importantly, Marty Morninhweg) will likely use him, the fact that Mike Vick's presence will free things up for him, and the "prove fools wrong thang".

I want to believe that a change of venue will help Johnson, but I've heard his big talk before with very little to acutally come of it. The Jets can plan all they want, but if Johnson stays hesitent then he will never be more than low RB2. Not sure I will be the one to take that risk this year, as he will probably be drafted as a low RB1/high RB2.

I just don't see how CJ really helps the Jets much. He just doesn't seem to be nearly as explosive. Had him last year and although he seemed fairly consistent, he was not that special. Maybe double digits on a weekly basis. I see him as def a RB2, RB3 player which means I wouldn't take a shot at him until around the 7th, 8th round or so.

I just don't see how CJ really helps the Jets much. He just doesn't seem to be nearly as explosive. Had him last year and although he seemed fairly consistent, he was not that special. Maybe double digits on a weekly basis. I see him as def a RB2, RB3 player which means I wouldn't take a shot at him until around the 7th, 8th round or so.

I wish I could take RB2 at 7th or 8 th round. If you think he is a RB2, you got to take him in the top 4 rounds. This is where I think he probably will go in most drafts this year.

I like what Jets did to their offense, signing WR Eric Decker, QB Mike Vick and now CJ2K. At least the team is making an effort to put together a good team for fans.

I wish I could take RB2 at 7th or 8 th round. If you think he is a RB2, you got to take him in the top 4 rounds. This is where I think he probably will go in most drafts this year.

And that's the problem. I'm not spending a 4th round pick for him. I see his value more in the 7th or 8th round. I just don't trust the guy.

Your right about the Jets though. Like what they've done so far.

CJ will not be there in the 7th or 8th. Some will grab him as a low #1-high #2. If not, he'll be a #3 taken in the first 5, maybe 6 rounds at worst. He might go as high as 3rd round.

CJ will not be there in the 7th or 8th. Some will grab him as a low #1-high #2. If not, he'll be a #3 taken in the first 5, maybe 6 rounds at worst. He might go as high as 3rd round.

I think your right. Looking forward to seeing projections, especially on Decker.

I can dig what Irish posted. 10-15 carries and 2-4 receptions per game is very realistic, with a good shot at a few monster games where he catches 6 passes. I think that the Jets will be significantly improved on offense and CJ is going to get a piece of that pie. They aren't paying him to block.

• Like 1

I think your right. Looking forward to seeing projections, especially on Decker.

It's you're. :okay: You know some :busted: grammar cop :busted: here was going to point that out, lol. :jump: Unless your is like hugh, as hugh is like moran, which would make your like moran. I think... :hscratch:

Edited by Tripleshot

It's you're. :okay: You know some :busted: grammar cop :busted: here was going to point that out, lol. :jump: Unless your is like hugh, as hugh is like moran, which would make your like moran. I think... :hscratch:

Suck it! Noticed you had to correct the post. Nice work.

Edited by NAUgrad

• 3 weeks later...

And that right there is the biggest issue. Carolina was so close last year. They just needed some added offensive weapons and a player or two on D. Now it's a mess and they are stuck.

And now that FA is all but dead, they make a move to free up some cap space!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10892081/charles-godfrey-carolina-panthers-reduces-salary-4-million

• 1 month later...