[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Free Agency 2014

BeeR

Kavell Conner? Indy pipeline continues. I've always liked Conner. I think he can be an every down LB.

It's nice depth but we desperately need DB's and OL help. Not liking it so far. This was not a great FA group to begin with but ANY DB is better than what we have now, which is the worst in the league.

Cinci may not match the offer sheet Hawkins signed with the Browns

Update **** NFL.com's Albert Breer reports the Bengals are now unlikely to match restricted free agent Andrew Hawkins' four-year, $13.6 million offer sheet with the Browns.

Still waiting.............

Chargers agreed to terms with QB Kellen Clemens, formerly of the Rams, on a two-year contract.

With Charlie Whitehurst headed to the Titans on a two-year deal, Clemens will replace Checkdown Charlie as Philip Rivers' backup. Clemens was surprisingly serviceable in nine starts in place of Sam Bradford last season, but was still well short of effective. He's a game-manager who can keep teams in games with a strong running game. Clemens is a major upgrade on Whitehurst, who's one of the league's least-effective backups. :lol:

Chargers agreed to terms with QB Kellen Clemens, formerly of the Rams, on a two-year contract.

With Charlie Whitehurst headed to the Titans on a two-year deal, Clemens will replace Checkdown Charlie as Philip Rivers' backup. Clemens was surprisingly serviceable in nine starts in place of Sam Bradford last season, but was still well short of effective. He's a game-manager who can keep teams in games with a strong running game. Clemens is a major upgrade on Whitehurst, who's one of the league's least-effective backups. :lol:

I actually like this move. Whitehurst was aweful BOTH times we had him. Good riddance.

OK in the flurry of FA moves, I missed Donald Brown signing with SD. I have ripped this guy for being a bust for years, but last year he FINALLY looked like a legit RB...and with Richardson sucking goose eggs and Ballard's ability to come back unknown (pls don't even mention Bradshaw, he gets hurt just reading the sports page), why would they let him go now, esp when SD signed him to a rather modest contract?

They also signed some retread center from the Cowboys who can't stay healthy (maybe he and Bradshaw can go shopping together), and supposedly this means they aren't likely to pursue Mack. :angry: wtph are you doing Grigson........

Update **** NFL.com's Albert Breer reports the Bengals are now unlikely to match restricted free agent Andrew Hawkins' four-year, $13.6 million offer sheet with the Browns.

Nice upgrade by CLE, and with (realistically) a new stud rook QB in town and various upgrades elsewhere (some better than others, but hey at least they're trying), they're really trying to tease the Brown fans into hope. ;)

The Cowboys have now signed a third player in free agency, adding veteran linebacker Will Herring, Saints.

Help me me out here rajn? Never heard of him

He's nothing special, backup at LBer and ST contributor.

Easy there. I know you guys love to h8 but that's not a prohibitive contract. Just over 7 mil a year isn't going to break a bank, and it's certainly not #1 money. It's a ton less than Wallace got, it's less than Victor Cruz, it's less than Greg Jennings, it's less than Antonio Brown, it's less than Stevie Johnson. It's only 1.5M more than Danny freaking terrible Amendola in a year the cap went up by about 10M per year. Only $15M guaranteed, so depending on how it's structured it could even be a deal that's not a cap-strapper if he busts.

I think it's a great deal for the Jets, but not so good for Decker. While not a true #1, he is still very good and I was hoping that he would land somewhere he had a good chance to succeed.

Nice upgrade by CLE, and with (realistically) a new stud rook QB in town and various upgrades elsewhere (some better than others, but hey at least they're trying), they're really trying to tease the Brown fans into hope. ;)

I think the Browns have made lateral moves for older players . . . D'Qwell Jackson for Karlos Dansby and T.J. Ward for Donte Whitner. . . coulda paid the money and just kept their own younger players

I think the Browns have made lateral moves for older players . . . D'Qwell Jackson for Karlos Dansby and T.J. Ward for Donte Whitner. . . coulda paid the money and just kept their own younger players

Danby is 2 years older and Whitner is 28, just 18 months older. And both big upgrades from their replacements.

Edited by flemingd
  • Like 1

Wilfork wants released. Pats don't want him to count so much against the cap. Wilfork sounds upset he was asked to take a cut. In typical Patriot fashion, I can see him being coldly jettisoned in the "what have you done for me lately" manner in which they deal with aging veteran players. And then I can see him signing in Denver in less than a day.

With the signings of Decker and Pettigrew the Jets are now certain to take a defensive player in the first round of the draft.............once again. You gotta love the Jets those stupid sons of bitches.

With the signings of Decker and Pettigrew the Jets are now certain to take a defensive player in the first round of the draft.............once again. You gotta love the Jets those stupid sons of bitches.

Not following you on that one. They signed positions of need. No reason they can't draft another offensive player.

Edited by Jackass

The Cowboys have now signed a third player in free agency, adding veteran linebacker Will Herring, Saints.

Help me me out here rajn? Never heard of him

Irish is right, he's a pretty good ST player, but not much else. Nothing to get excited about.

Danby is 2 years older and Whitner is 28, just 18 months older. And both big upgrades from their replacements.

i don't see it. Gotta be a reason Dansby has bounced all over the league. Ward and Whitner are very similar? Edited by CaptainHook