[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Free Agency 2014

BeeR

Free agency is up and looks like another pretty weak FA class this year. But there are some worth grabbing:

For the Colts, I'd love to see Mack (center) there. They need one bad and he's a stud. Albert or Monroe at LT would also not break my heart, though they need OGs more (but little on the FA market).

There is talk of Decker. I like him fine enough, but he is not a #1 WR and will expect too much $ and they have bigger needs, like the OL and just about everywhere on D (some things never change). I would avoid FA WRs altogether, in fact. Don't freaking overpay again this year.

On D, first I would try to re-sign Davis and Bethea in the secondary, assuming their price tags are reasonable. I'd love either of the Mike's (Johnson or Bennett) at DE. A DT would be a nice - make that shocking - change of pace (I think Melton from CHI or Joseph from NYG would probably be best options all things considered-?).

Who interests you for your team?

Revis to Denver would be nice. I am of the opinion that we need to fix the secondary with some proven vets who still have some gas in the tank. We should draft a WR to replace Decker.

• Like 1

I also really like the D'Qwell Jackson signing. He's way better than what they had (Angerer and Sheppard) and will help Freeman tremendously. Supposedly the Colts structured it like a two year deal so they can get out of it easily. I think it's a great signing. Although would Wesley Woodyard have been cheaper?

Would love to see them get Vontae Davis re-signed next.

With the Colts cutting Samson Satele, I would not be surprised to see them go after Mack . . . but it would suck to do all the work on a contract and just have Cleveland match it.

I hope the Colts pass on Decker.

Edited by CaptainHook

I also really like the D'Qwell Jackson signing. He's way better than what they had (Angerer and Sheppard) and will help Freeman tremendously. Supposedly the Colts structured it like a two year deal so they can get out of it easily. I think it's a great signing. Although would Wesley Woodyard have been cheaper?

Would love to see them get Vontae Davis re-signed next.

With the Colts cutting Samson Satele, I would not be surprised to see them go after Mack . . . but it would suck to do all the work on a contract and just have Cleveland match it.

I hope the Colts pass on Decker.

Woodyard would've definitely been cheaper, but he's not as good. Small, gets lost sometimes and is really better suited for outside or on 3rd downs. He had his moments in Denver but wore down quickly in the middle last year. Injury really held him back. Maybe even more than we are led to believe.

You guys would be scary with Decker in the fold in Indy.

I think Decker's gonna be too expensive. The Colts have some monster contract extensions coming up in the next few years . . . Luck, Hilton, Allen, Freeman, Costanzo . . . they have to be very careful the contracts they sign right now.

Definitely agree Woodyard played injured last year. I think it was the play where Trevathan dropped the ball at the goal line on the interception return . . . Woodyard went to scoop it up and got blasted at the knees from behind by Brandon Stokley . . . he wasn't the same after that. They year before, he was great in the middle of the 3-4 wasn't he? Or was Denver playing 4-3?

In other news, the Colts have re-signed punter Pat McAfee.

Edited by CaptainHook

Great add for that defense. He will gobble up tackles. Phew, just took over in a dynasty league where I now own him and was worried there for a sec.

Disagree with being a great add. He's graded out around the 40th LB in the league the past two years. He's still money in IDP leagues, but he's a better fantasy player than an actual NFL linebacker.

Disagree with being a great add. He's graded out around the 40th LB in the league the past two years. He's still money in IDP leagues, but he's a better fantasy player than an actual NFL linebacker.

While there could be some truth in that statement, a) he's been hurt and 2) just about every team that had a need at LB was rumored to have interest in him. :shrug:

You realize there are 32 teams? And that every team has at least three starting LB's....right? Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1