[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2014 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft - Commentary

irish

With the 18th pick the Jets select WR Marquise Lee, USC

The Jets can draft defensive rookies of the year in an eternity and it still won't matter. They need players on offense and they need them bad.

With the 18th pick the Jets select WR Marquise Lee, USC

The Jets can draft defensive rookies of the year in an eternity and it still won't matter. They need players on offense and they need them bad.

This could be a good pick. I'm just not sure he's going to be as good as some think. I think he struggles with separation at the NFL level. We will see.

There is no way in hell Ha-Ha lasts this long in the real draft.

Could happen but he probably goes sooner.

Thought about going safety here after the OT I had hoped would fall didn't, toyed with WR but I think they address that later, landed on best OT left on the board to help keep Flacco up right and give rice some space to maneuver

Lewan is a great pick. I have him pegged as one of the guys I'd love to grab if the Falcons trade down.

Landing him at 17 is awesome, Matthews falling to #13 was just absurd. Not surprising OL gets overlooked in a mock draft for more fun picks, but no way that happens in real life. Lewan probably gone by Ravens pick too, unless GMs really love this deep OT class that much.

Calvin Pryor is gonna be an effin stud. Look him up and watch some of his videos.. Dude looks identical to Bob Sanders - hard hitter, no regard for his own safety. Hopefully he can stay healthy - if so, dude's gonna be a beast!

This could be a good pick. I'm just not sure he's going to be as good as some think. I think he struggles with separation at the NFL level. We will see.

I agere but in my opinion the Jets will go nowhere until they get way better on offense. Besides Sanchez they have spend every single first round pick in the Rex Ryan era on defensive players and it haven't work at all the last few seasons.

The Eagles selection of Trent Murphy, DE/OLB, Stanford, will be a HUGE help on their defensive line when it comes to rushing the passer. The Eagles struggled rushing the passer throughout the season as they only had 37 sacks on the year their issues rushing the passer were on display when Brees, playing behind a suspect line was able to stand in the pocket comfortably. Trent Cole at the age of 31, moved to a new position and only had 8 sacks. Neither he nor Connor Barwin, who had 5 sacks, is a difference-making pass rusher. On the contrary, Murphy led the nation in sacks as he is a hybrid end/backer who is very disruptive and explosive. He's a great combo of intelligence and intensity and he's a do it your all type from pass rusher, to dropping into coverage, to playing man-to-man in the slot, he can power rush on stunts up the middle or play the run off tackle.

Stankey at G for the Chiefs is a no brainer. As much as the Chiefs would like to add a playmaker at WR, the WR pool is deep this year and they should be able to get a quality possession guy in the 3rd. But OL is a glaring need. Stankey is well rounded in both run blocking and pass protection. At 6`5", 315lbs, he's a mountain of a man to move. He should start right away and be an anchor on the Chiefs line for many years.

If you were not paying attention, the Chargers secondary made every opposing QB look like a freak'n Pro Bowler. Perhaps the worst in the league, Roby will be an immediate upgrade and should start day 1. He also is a terrific blitzer and works the zone like nobody's business. He should fit into the Chargers scheme with ease. I hear a lot about NT for the Chargers with the 1st pick. Well, they need to really look at what the Bolts put on the field last year. Every single secondary player finished in the BOTTOM 10 at there respective positions according to PFF. That's pretty damn horrible.

There's a lot of synnergy here between the need, the talent of Cooks, and the opportunities that will come from playing across from Gordon. Cooks will get a lot of room to operate and should be able to punish the D for doubling the other side of the field on every play.

I'll be lucky if I make it through the day without a Chief homer digging me on my pick.

At first I scratched my head about the pick knowing that KC is in desperate need of WR help, but the more I thought about this pick the more I like it for KC fans. With amazing talent at RB, a stud offensive line may be more important than a WR. Plus the WR position is very deep this year. I like this pick.

Resigning Jimmy Graham long term is a top goal but not a given they can do it. In the mean time Benjamin gives us elite size with good speed to do the things we currently do with the TE pos. Giving Drew Brees more targets will never be a bad move.

CB and ILB were considerations but the value was not there in the 1st.