[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2014 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft - Commentary

irish

Cleveland had to come out of here with a QB and this is a better option than overpaying for a risk at #4. I think Garoppolo has the highest ceiling after Bortles and if he needs a year to learn and develop that's ok, we have Hoyer to stand in.

Cleveland had to come out of here with a QB and this is a better option than overpaying for a risk at #4. I think Garoppolo has the highest ceiling after Bortles and if he needs a year to learn and develop that's ok, we have Hoyer to stand in.

I really like the Garoppolo pick.

The so-called draft experts on Chicago sports talk radio want the Bears to grab him in the third round, but I think he'll go in the second round.

Shouldn't the jags be picking before the falcons?

No. Teams tied rotate throughout their tier with the earliest team going to the end in each successive round.. Jags in a 5 way tie at 4-10 rotate to the end of that tier in round 2. By round 6 they will be back to the front of that tier:

JAX, CLE, OAK, ATL, TB

CLE, OAK, ATL, TB, JAX

OAK, ATL, TB, JAX, CLE

ATL, TB, JAX, CLE, OAK,

TB, JAX, CLE, OAK,, ATL

• Like 1

Morgan Moses is a popular pick on the Falcons boards, and with good reason. He checks off everything on our wishlist: he's played both tackle positions, he's big, strong, has long arms, and has upside while probably not being any worse than what's at RT now. Biggest knocks seem to be technique and conditioning.

Also, I can pretty much guarantee the Falcons take a tackle with the top two picks (assuming they stay put and don't trade down or up). Only way they wouldn't is if Clinton-Dix or Pryor somehow fell at safety.

Would be really stoked to get out of the first two rounds with Mack and Moses. Would fill the two biggest needs remaining.

I really like the Garoppolo pick.

The so-called draft experts on Chicago sports talk radio want the Bears to grab him in the third round, but I think he'll go in the second round.

Had this been a few years ago, someone might have traded up to the last 1st to reach, but after seeing guy like Gabbert, Ponder, etc flounder, yeah I think he's early 2d at most. I think Carr will/should go first and if anyone reaches for him last 1st, this will be the guy.

The Bucs actually have filled a lot more needs in FA than people realize. Could still use help at CB, WR (especially if the character concerns about Mike Williams put him on the outs) and with the pass rush too, but guard is as much of a need as anywhere, and they land the second-rated one.

Especially if Carl Nicks isn't back completely healthy, a pro-ready guard like Su'a-Filo would be helpful. Guy seems to be a natural at the position.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Had this been a few years ago, someone might have traded up to the last 1st to reach, but after seeing guy like Gabbert, Ponder, etc flounder, yeah I think he's early 2d at most. I think Carr will/should go first and if anyone reaches for him last 1st, this will be the guy.

Yep, and in a real draft I would have just taken him at 26. Carr isn't on my list at all. If someone jumped ahead of 26 to take Garoppolo I would wait until the third and take Mettenberger or Murray then double down with someone in the 5th like Savage or Fales.

All picks up to date and awaiting theirish's pick for the Jags...

Once again JAC could of gone in many different directions here, mostly looking for some playmakers. However, I think their offensive line is the biggest need behind QB. Really disappointed that Su'a-Filo didn't drop, but believe JAC will still be satisfied with Jackson here.

No way do they ever move Miller. They need CB, and MLB desperately

You must have missed the part where I said I know they won't. It was more of the situation I was presented with the draft and picking the best player there while moving a talent where he should be. Lighten up and let a fan dream in a mock draft would ya!

Safety all the way. You could argue they could probably get similar value in the 3d and I wouldn't disagree, but who knows what kind of run will happen between now and then. Brooks is a converted CB who can also hit like you'd expect more from a SS. This is their remaining glaring need after WR and OL, which I addressed with the first 2 picks. Damn I should be a GM. :)

Tuitt, Ward and Brooks going right before me screwed the cowboys pick. Will have to wait till I get home now...

Edited by irish

Pick coming in 2 hours when I wrap up dinner with clients

Damn clients! Don't ya just hate when life gets in the way of all the fun stuff?