[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2014 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft - Commentary

irish

Alright, we could have went with 4 different players here and been happy. Came down to Jake Matthews or Evans. Both deep positions this year. We have a serviceable right tackle in Erik Pears and shuffled and improved the linebackers.

The one thing we don't have is a playmaking big WR. If we happen to sign Kenny Britt this week we'll reassess this pick.

Tough to decide between premier tackles, so I went with a dire need and the more fun pick.

The Lions needs are plenty and with Watkins and Evans gone they can't take their annual WR. I doubt they go this way and will probably take a CB or S. But I really like Barr at this point.

The Lions needs are plenty and with Watkins and Evans gone they can't take their annual WR. I doubt they go this way and will probably take a CB or S. But I really like Barr at this point.

Interesting choice. If he plays as advertised the pass rush on the Lions would be nasty. That being said though, if the ball makes it into the air its probably going for a TD. That secondary is atrocious.

Interesting choice. If he plays as advertised the pass rush on the Lions would be nasty. That being said though, if the ball makes it into the air its probably going for a TD. That secondary is atrocious.

Agree, I think they should go secondary for sure, but Barr is a solid pick too.

Exactly. How Kenny Britt affects anyone's draft, free agency, or what to have for breakfast decisions is beyond me.

LoL! Ah, the promise of greatness and production.

Rams sprint to the podium to take Matthews, who was a consideration at the second overall pick. He's too good and the importance of keeping Bradford upright too important to do otherwise. They'd figure out how to fit him in - or just wait until either Long or Saffold goes down.

Rams sprint to the podium to take Matthews, who was a consideration at the second overall pick. He's too good and the importance of keeping Bradford upright too important to do otherwise. They'd figure out how to fit him in - or just wait until either Long or Saffold goes down.

So St. Louis gets Matthews and Watkins. Pretty good haul in the 1st I think.

With the tremendous need on the defensive line for my Boys, selecting Kony Ealy was a pretty easy choice. There were certainly other options for us out there but Ealy fills a HUGE hole and is versatile enough to play different spots. With the signing of Melton, I figured I'd go DE instead of DT with this first choice. Grabbing a safety here was also intriguing but we'll see what happens in round 2. Ealy will certainly have to work on his run defense but he is a tremendous pass rusher with great athleticism and initial quickness. He can turn the corner in a hurry, close quickly and make explosive plays. He also displays a quick inside spin to complement that speed. He's got impressive straight-line acceleration, and good recognition to disrupt passing lanes, long arms, good hand-eye coordination.

In general, he's got amazing upside and has been compared to Robert Quinn from the Rams. We're looking at a future perennial Pro-Bowler in Ealy.

Edited by irish

With the 14th overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Chicago Bears select...

Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh

:weird:

I'm all for them improving the interior of their line and this dude has straight-up shot up the boards, but with the state of the secondary and Clinton-Dix still on the board here I think he'd be the pick. DT is deep and can be had later.

:weird:

I'm all for them improving the interior of their line and this dude has straight-up shot up the boards, but with the state of the secondary and Clinton-Dix still on the board here I think he'd be the pick. DT is deep and can be had later.

Ha-Ha was going to be my other choice for the Boys.