[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roddy White fails to come through on bet

Shorttynaz

Didn't Aaron Rodgers make a similar bet a few years ago, claiming that Ryan Braun was innocent - and offered up a years salary if he was wrong? If I remember correctly, he did the same thing..

EDIT: Found it. :)

http://ftw.usatoday....e-a-game-check/

That one was an even lamer contreversy. He said, "I'd put my next year's salary on it", he didn't say he actually was. Plus it would also imply that he was expecting the same amount back should he be right. I'm quite sure the fan wouldn't have made good on it, not even a dime if it turned out the other way. He would have said the same thing.

No wonder everything has to be spelled out with pages of fine print nowadays, when the lawyers and jackals come pouncing if you're even guilty of hyperbole on twitter.

Well, let's see. Roddy ran his mouth on twitter like he always does. Loses the "bet" that he didn't even really think he was making. He thinks the guy is a Bears fan, so offers him tickets to the Bears game instead of giving someone he thinks isn't a Falcons fan thousands of dollars worth of tickets. What an a-hole to only offer the tickets he thought he'd actaully appreciate!

At this point the guy could have made a stink that he actually was a Falcons fan and wanted the season tickets, but after seeing the way everyone was making a big deal out of nothnig, he didn't want anything but the distraction to go away, also acknowledging it wasn't a real bet, so whatever he got was fair (and he's getting Bears tickets on the 50 yard line for telling Roddy that Mercer was gonna win, boo-freaking-hoo).

So yes, I think that those who have nothing to do with how they settled that "bet" are most definitely the problem in making a big deal out of nothnig. You really think this anyone else's business to not only judge, but to make demands? Umm okay...

Those aren't even Falcon-tinted goggles right there, he went ahead and got lasik, Falcon-vision surgery with a side of blow-job sauce for Roddy.

Edited by irish

Well, let's see. Roddy ran his mouth on twitter like he always does. Loses the "bet" that he didn't even really think he was making. He thinks the guy is a Bears fan, so offers him tickets to the Bears game instead of giving someone he thinks isn't a Falcons fan thousands of dollars worth of tickets. What an a-hole to only offer the tickets he thought he'd actaully appreciate!

At this point the guy could have made a stink that he actually was a Falcons fan and wanted the season tickets, but after seeing the way everyone was making a big deal out of nothnig, he didn't want anything but the distraction to go away, also acknowledging it wasn't a real bet, so whatever he got was fair (and he's getting Bears tickets on the 50 yard line for telling Roddy that Mercer was gonna win, boo-freaking-hoo).

So yes, I think that those who have nothing to do with how they settled that "bet" are most definitely the problem in making a big deal out of nothnig. You really think this anyone else's business to not only judge, but to make demands? Umm okay...

I gotta go with DOG on this. Twitter is nothing but a bunch of noise and bullhonda. Anybody expecting to take gambling action based on twitter postings should try to find the gold at the end of the next rainbow that they see.

Is that sauce to aid with or resulting from a blow-job?

Double duty sauce.

Those aren't even Falcon-tinted goggles right there, he went ahead and got lasik, Falcon-vision surgery with a side of blow-job sauce for Roddy.

I'll take those goggles over those that seem to have such resentment about these guys being paid handsomely for their marketable talents, that they feel it's their duty to demand they pay up for any hyperbolic statement they make on twitter, even when the person involved isn't even asking for it.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

I'll take those goggles over those that seem to have such resentment about these guys being paid handsomely for their marketable talents, that they feel it's their duty to demand they pay up for any hyperbolic statement they make on twitter, even when the person involved isn't even asking for it.

I hear ya. I really don't care that much either way, however, I just wanted to use the lasik and bj sauce line. LOL!

I do agree that this is something out of nothing, but since there is nothing else to talk about let's keep the discussion going.

So if I tell a buddy Mercer is going to beat Duke and I'll bet $200 they do. Then after Mercer wins I think he likes puppies better so I get him a puppy that costs about $20 then I did the right thing! Got it! Makes perfect sense to me. And I shouldn't be given a hard time about it at all.

Then you go on to say that "those that judge, blah blah blah" are in the wrong yet your judging just as much as everyone else just in the other direction. Ok great! Now I get how this works.

@DHoyt77 if mercer beat duke I will give you season tickets 50 yard line first row

This is welching 101 . He should be ashamed of himself. This wasnt a "If duke loses ill eat my hat statement" This was a clear statement about what he would do if mercer won and the offer was feasible .

• Like 4

Is the Falcon homer really trying to convince himself that Roddy's "bet" was the equivalent of giving up a million bucks or his left nut? :rolleyes:

No, he's trying to convince US. He's already swimming in that kool-aid, there's no saving him.

Is the Falcon homer really trying to convince himself that Roddy's "bet" was the equivalent of giving up a million bucks or his left nut? :rolleyes:

Are the celebrity haters really equating Roddy running his mouth on twitter with actual mutual bets, and comparing it to a parent offering their kids motivation? :crazy:

I can equate those becuase they're all clear hyperbole, meaning "that's not gonna happen"... All the counter-examples are nothing but massive leaps in logic.

This is welching 101 . He should be ashamed of himself. This wasnt a "If duke loses ill eat my hat statement" This was a clear statement about what he would do if mercer won and the offer was feasible .

That was in response to a guy saying Mercer was going to beat them, it's not like he just up and offered some tickets.

This is why I think it was just hyperbole. Not much different than one guy saying, "I think the unthinkable is going to happen", and the response, "No way, I'd bet a million dollars it won't". The difference here is Roddy does have the resources to make good on it, but it was such an extorbitant statement, that one should not expect he's being serious without even getting confirmation. In no other situation would you not confirm a " bet" of that magnitude, and then demand later they make good on something they said that you didn't even confirm was serious.... But hey it's in writing on twitter and has the money, so let's stick it to him on any hyperbole he might say.

But okay let's say you're right and just becasue he's rich he's forced to pay up on any stupid thing he says to strangers on twitter, but I don't understand why people continue to say he's welching.

They settled the bet in a way that satisfied both of them (and if you were in Roddy's shoes thinking you were handing over thousands of dollars of Falcons tickets to a Bears fan who wasn't going to use them, you'd probably opt to just offer him Bears tickets too).

If the circumstsances were different and the guy was pissed and rejected that offer, then maybe the right thing to do is to give him season tickets, but this DEMAND that he MUST make good by people who aren't even involved, it sounds more like celebrity hate going on here than Falcons homerism.

i doesn't matter is he said it on the internet , twitter or the moon , a mans word should be kept

The point is that, if someone says something on twitter, it might be wise to confirm if they're serious before declaring in hindsight that he was as you make demands about it.

(ETA: Yes, it would have also been wise of Roddy to not make statements like this unless he was serious, but being guilty of hyperbole is far different than the welcher accusations being levied here.)

Edited by delusions of grandeur

it's not just hating on a celeb. you know this board and how welching is viewed here. the fact that he is in the public eye magnifies this and is terrible pr for him. backing out of a bet after the fact is poor form. this is pretty straight forward.

Well, I take back part of what I said above, and it does change my opinion a little after seeing that the guy did accept and think it was a real offer:

@roddywhiteTV I'll take that offer! But ya can't take it back if it does happen! Wouldn't mind seeing the games live! #Riseup

I was under the impression that he didn't really expect it to be a real offer (though he does say that after the fact, that he realizes now that he wasn't serious).

But after the confusion thinking he was a Bears fan, and him offering that instead, the guy is more than fine with the results.

Doesn't a person have to feel welched for the other party to be a welcher? They settled up with Bears tickets for a guy doing nothing but predicting an upset by his homer team on twitter. BFD if it isn't a big deal to them. That's what I still have issue with, that people are acting like it's their place to not be satisfied with how they chose to resolve it, when it has nothing to do with them.

BTW, the guy did get his season tickets from some website looking to capitalize on the faux-contreversy, so no one's being slighted anymore. Congrats, now maybe Roddy will learn a lesson, and everyone else can learn a lesson to not take seriously everything that's said on Twitter.

So wait just a second. Jennifer Lawrence posted on FB that she would date the first guy that could name the commercial she made her acting debut in. I got it right....."My Super Sweet 16" shot in 2005. Only reason I knew that is I worked with a Grip that was on that gig and we talked about it awhile back. It was an immediate response but if you can google, you can get the answer right. I'm not gonna hold her to that lol. Wait.....should I???? Oh wait a minute...we don't date talent. DAMNIT!!!!