[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aldon Smith arrested at LAX

electricrelish

Yeah, when I read this I actually took a sigh of relief that it wasn't worse news.

As if we didn't already realize, this guy's officially an idiot.

No kidding but he was "officially" an idiot WAY before this incident. The thing that sucks is that he has some real mental issues that started out when he was a kid and weren't his fault as he was probably just trying to deal with the hand he was dealt. But now that he's an adult, no one gives 2 sh!ts whose fault it was, he's just an azzhat who never learned how to assimilate into society or learn how to be accountable for himself or his actions for various reasons and at this point, he's to take the full blame. I tell my kids in school, who are trouble-makers, the same thing.

Little people, little problems...big people, big problems!

• Like 1

you can't say bomb on a plane!

Not to mention don't get belligerent and act like an idiot with people in authority. That is only going to get you more trouble and less chance of getting out of the situation without trouble. Guy obviously has lots of problems.

I'm curious Irish, do you really think this is all from his childhood issues or is it from a sense of entitlement(or perhaps even those two things are related). I'm not knocking your premise, just interested in more on the subject. You seem to have more perspective than most of us here.

I'm curious Irish, do you really think this is all from his childhood issues or is it from a sense of entitlement(or perhaps even those two things are related). I'm not knocking your premise, just interested in more on the subject. You seem to have more perspective than most of us here.

I'm far from a pro on the topic. However, going through education courses, teaching itself and minoring in psychology, (specifically child psych), I've learned that many of if an individual's issues are created by what they go through as a child. How they are raised and how they are made to feel, many times times determine what kind of adult they turn into and how they treat/respond to others. People who are co-dependent or narcissistic (such as myself) carry with them the burden of those issues throughout much of their life unless they seek out help in the form of psychotherapy. A sense of entitlement comes from how a child is raised. They could have been made to feel that way and therefore, act as such. Our they could've been denied love, attention or affection and therefore, act out looking for the attention they were never given. Very complicated.

Edited by irish

I think it also comes from being given a full ride in college, being drafted and handed a boatload of money by an NFL team and never having to work a day in your life. At least for some people

I hear ya but it has to come from somewhere, otherwise every player, in that situation, would act the same way. And that doesn't happen.

Maybe. But I have a hard time with blaming a grown ass man's parents when he yells bomb! in an airport

That's the point, you don't and that's what I stated above.

"But now that he's an adult, no one gives 2 sh!ts whose fault it was, he's just an azzhat who never learned how to assimilate into society or learn how to be accountable for himself or his actions for various reasons and at this point, he's to take the full blame."

However, his mental state and overall behavior are a product of the experiences he went through, just like the rest of us, in his youth.

Edited by irish

That's the point, you don't and that's what I stated above.

"But now that he's an adult, no one gives 2 sh!ts whose fault it was, he's just an azzhat who never learned how to assimilate into society or learn how to be accountable for himself or his actions for various reasons and at this point, he's to take the full blame."

However, his mental state and overall behavior are a product of the experiences he went through, just like the rest of us, in his youth.

I get what you're saying and agree with you to an extent. Theres a point at which a grown man is in control of the things he says and does and should be held accordingly accountable, though. Too often we give people passes for bad behavior based on things that happened(or didn't) in their lives. Not everyone who had it rough growing up struggles as an adult nor do all people who had all the best in life as kids become good people. Except in rare cases, each person is ultimately responsible for the things they say and do. People make choices and choices have consequences.

Smith is in trouble again cause he's a moran. Not because he didn't get enough hugs growing up.

• Like 1

I have no way of knowing no whether his actions come from feeling entitled because he's been handed everything without any regard to character, whether lack of strong parenting didn't teach him how to behave as an adult, or whatever. I do know that it's awfully hard for a young man to grow up once he's been handed a butt load of money. t's going to take some serious legal trouble, maybe jail, to get the point through to him - something that can't be handled with a legal slap on the wrist like his drunk driving charge or this latest incident. Sadly, it's probably coming in his future unless someone can get through to the guy.

Edited by Tripleshot

I get what you're saying and agree with you to an extent. Theres a point at which a grown man is in control of the things he says and does and should be held accordingly accountable, though. Too often we give people passes for bad behavior based on things that happened(or didn't) in their lives. Not everyone who had it rough growing up struggles as an adult nor do all people who had all the best in life as kids become good people. Except in rare cases, each person is ultimately responsible for the things they say and do. People make choices and choices have consequences.

Smith is in trouble again cause he's a moran. Not because he didn't get enough hugs growing up.

and... /thread

Agreed and have said so above. I would NEVER try to make excuses for him or pawn off blame. I'm just stating why he may have become the person he is. He's definitely a moron, it is his fault and he's to blame. However, I will say this, some people are not entirely in control of what they say. Scary sh!t.

I dunno, there some validity to your adult issues being extensions of your childhood issues. I know I can blame most of my adult shortcomings on never getting a big wheel when I was a kid(and damn, how I wanted one of those). For example, I tell my wife I bitch while driving our Odyssey because even now I resent not having at least a grown up version of that big wheel. Sometime within the next 3-4 years we won't need that minivan anymore, and I'm going to replace it with something fun, like an M4.