[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What in the hell are the Seahawks doing?

tazinib1

Why not? He got fired by the Dolphins about 3/4 of the way through draft prep, so if anything, they hired him for the work he's already done.

He wasn't a terrible GM... just didn't jive with their current ownership and team direction.

After what the Seahawks have done organizationally over the past few years, you'd think they know what they're doing here.

After what the Seahawks have done organizationally over the past few years, you'd think they know what they're doing here.

That's what I'm saying. Why hire a guy as a Draft consultant that has a less than stellar draft record when they have done a pretty good job without him. Just seems a weird fit to me.

• Like 1

That's what I'm saying. Why hire a guy as a Draft consultant that has a less than stellar draft record when they have done a pretty good job without him. Just seems a weird fit to me.

Ireland made poor choices in the upper rounds for MIA. He made some good ones in the later rounds. IMO.

Ireland made poor choices in the upper rounds for MIA. He made some good ones in the later rounds. IMO.

agree with this

and have you considered that maybe a friend of his threw him a bone and gave him a job. The good ole boy system is alive and well in the NFL. There is a list iof guys who were awful who keep getting jobs as HC's, DCs and GMs. I'm pretty sure AJ Smith is working in someone's front office right now in some capacity

Thanks Wikipedia

Albert J. "A.J." Smith (born February 28, 1949) is a professional American football executive with the Washington Redskins.
Edited by Zooty

agree with this

and have you considered that maybe a friend of his threw him a bone and gave him a job. The good ole boy system is alive and well in the NFL. There is a list iof guys who were awful who keep getting jobs as HC's, DCs and GMs. I'm pretty sure AJ Smith is working in someone's front office right now in some capacity

Thanks Wikipedia

Christ zooty why did you have to ruin my Saturday with that tidbit

:lol: Sorry buddy.

Just hope he doesn't get his mitts on the pass key to the Redskins War Room.

Edited by tazinib1

You can always hope that Dan and AJ kill each other in a game of this:

Edited by DMD

This is the same team that just traded for Pryor and paid Matt Flynn a bunch of money to hold a clipboard for one year. I wouldn't pay much attention...their hijinks never work. Next thing you know they will try to draft a QB in the 3rd round and a CB in the 5th and think they can win a superbowl.

Edited by Bobby Brown