[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All-Time NFL Mock Draft

NFL.com Facebook page gave me this idea to bring here. Just wanted to see if any of you guys wanna put to together a mock draft including all players retired or not. Consider them in their prime. Standard scoring or ppr. Offense only. I think it would be really interesting to see 12 teams do a draft and the results of each team. I started playing in '99 myself. Would have loved to have played from the beginning of the 90's.

Can someone get this going? Probably take some time to prep up a draft list. Gather all the old names we have forgotten about.

There's an #AllTimeMock going on on Twitter that started today...it's a dynasty(PPR) draft. I'm in the 2 hole and started with Jerry Rice.

Here is the info from the email sent my @KarlSafchick (who is running it) that we got on the parameters of the mock:

1 - The hypothetical world in which we will be drafting, will contain every NFL player from every era. You can draft any athlete who has participated in the NFL, as long as an opponent hasn't already.

2 - You will be drafting players for your "fantasy football" team. In this hypothetical league, you will be drafting players in a dynasty setting without the possibility of trades. These players will be presumed rookies with no team affiliation. Hypothetically, Barry Sanders could have ended up with the 90's Cowboys offensive line. Jerry Rice could have caught passes from multiple "journeyman" quarterbacks over his career. (This part isn't intended on drastically changing picks, only a clarification for strategy)

3 - There are no "real world scheme strategies". Having Wes Welker as your slot receiver will not help you in a scheme sense. The ability to score fantasy points is all that matters.

4 - We will assume the league is PPR.

5 - While this draft world is hypothetical, the ability to score points at a high rate is relatively new. You can select players from any point in history, but we can all admit players of the last twenty years can accumulate points faster than those in the '20s. To a lesser degree, we know Art Monk finished his career with some of the best numbers of any WR in history, but we probably will not be selecting him before Calvin Johnson.

6 - I would prefer that our Twitter followers know most* of the names of players that we draft. Let's set the limit of two pre Super Bowl era players per roster (feel free to have none).

7 - Roster requirements will be 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE with an 11 round draft

8 - I would prefer if everyone involved would follow (Twitter) everyone else involved. If you do not, at least follow those that pick before and after you in each round. When you make your pick, I'd like everyone to say "With the [1.01] pick in #AllTimeMock I select [Player X], [Owner X] is on the clock". Before, after, or during your selection, add your player to the Google doc that I will send to each of you. If you cannot place your selection on there, please contact me.

9 - I've added everyone's name/website/twitter handle to the spreadsheet. If I've misspelled or misrepresented anyone, feel free to let me know or change it yourself.

10 - Feel free to deploy any strategy necessary. Have fun. Let me know if you have any questions.

Here is a link to the google doc if you want to follow along that way: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgiqVRbHhOQqdHlNSDlGWWlrdUlPX3NpOGlBQjFKSUE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Edited by keggerz

It is an interesting idea for sure, but I don't understand how you score it... do you look up historical stats and apply them?

I think the OP is just referring to doing a draft and analyzing the results, not actually playing it out. The latter seems a little silly to me.