[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon suspended for 2014-15?

CaptainHook

No way these guys play week1. Games are 24 hours away, nothing this big happens that fast.

http://profootballta...oposal/related/

Player reps didn't even vote on it last night.

Sadly, you may be more right than I'd hoped. Doesn't seem to be anything happening quickly from either side. Not sure if I was full of hope, of simply believed both sides were closer than they apparently are right now (and/or last week). :sad:

http://profootballta...oposal/related/

Player reps didn't even vote on it last night.

Sadly, you may be more right than I'd hoped. Doesn't seem to be anything happening quickly from either side. Not sure if I was full of hope, of simply believed both sides were closer than they apparently are right now (and/or last week). :sad:

I am very skeptical and not really in favor of what I hear may be happening. Just seems wrong to apply new rules to things in the past. Plus the usual media frenzy to report rumor as fact. Those are all coloring my opinion of what will happen. I'd love for the Browns to have Gordon back, and maybe don't want to get my hopes up.

Bah..cant watch video at work. Is there a list somewhere?

Found this story with video and text on the vote, it does not include a full list but does include DAL CB Scandrick as a third name.

http://espn.go.com/n...g-policy-tabled

Edited by stevegrab

Last night I heard the NFL has not responded to the NFLPA's comment on the proposal and request for some changes. With the whole Rice fiasco dominating things, could be a while before they get back to them. Anyhow seems unlikely there is a vote and change to suspension status before this weeks games. Heck there could be no vote or new drug policy all year.

I just heard Adam Schefler say on Inside the NFL that they are still expecting to vote soon and some players are indeed expected to get suspensions rediced or removed. His personal opinion on Josh Gordon is a 6-8 week suspension. Adam knows his sht. This is probably the most realistic outcome. But there are still a bunch of "ifs" and "maybes".

I just heard Adam Schefler say on Inside the NFL that they are still expecting to vote soon and some players are indeed expected to get suspensions rediced or removed. His personal opinion on Josh Gordon is a 6-8 week suspension. Adam knows his sht. This is probably the most realistic outcome. But there are still a bunch of "ifs" and "maybes".

Would still be happy with that rather than another few weeks of not knowing.

Curious what he bases that on, don't see how Gordon is suspended at all if they're applying the new higher limits testing for pot. And if those are not applied, there's no reason to change it from a one year suspension.

And then there's all those pesky IFs and MAYBEs

I want a resolution too, just not buying all the experts (even good ones like Schefter) who are spreading themselves pretty thin now with regular NFL stuff, this drug testing policy and the Rice-Goodell fiasco.