[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon suspended for 2014-15?

CaptainHook

if it wasn't true, then I doubt they'd be talking about which stage he's in.

The only ones talking about what stage he's in are the media that are speculating about the entire thing in the first place.

The only ones talking about what stage he's in are the media that are speculating about the entire thing in the first place.

As far as I can tell, last year was 2 games for cough syrup/codeine. This year its maryJ. Not sure how that gets you to stage 3. :oops:

This is basically the basis of my confusion here. People are speculating based on speculation. That's a dangerous slope, IMO.

Again, don't own the guy in any leagues so it's not like I'm trying some ultra-cool double-reverse super-hex to get the guy back in the NFL come Week 1.

It's just... confusing.

As far as I can tell, last year was 2 games for cough syrup/codeine. This year its maryJ. Not sure how that gets you to stage 3. :oops:

Because he was in stage 2 and tested positive again, I do not think you have to test positive for the same thing again.

There's also this, where Gordon confirmed for the media he faces a full year suspension if testing positive again (which is state 3), article is from Sept 2013

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/cleveland_browns_josh_gordon_n.html

Because he was in stage 2 and tested positive again, I do not think you have to test positive for the same thing again.

There's also this, where Gordon confirmed for the media he faces a full year suspension if testing positive again (which is state 3), article is from Sept 2013

http://www.cleveland...h_gordon_n.html

While there is some grey area there (since it's a quote from him and not the NFL... and he's using words like "I think" and "I believe"), it sure looks like this guy is a class-A dolt that just doesn't get it.

Who knows, maybe Rosenscum, Gordon and the team know something that we just aren't privy to yet.

But as these pieces come together it certainly looks like the guy's future is in jeopardy, both in the short (2014 season) and long terms. Pretty sad.

Edited by darin3

we know two facts:

1. The team knew about this before the draft.

2. The team drafted ZERO WRs.

Which only, in my mind and I believe the mind of those talking most about it on NFL Radio, points to the team perhaps knowing something that everyone else doesn't.

I mean, how do you pass on guys like Davante Adams, Marqise Lee and Jordan Matthews for a tackle out of Nevada?

Just weird.

As a Browns fan I still feel they did the right thing filling holes they needed to fill. Sure Gordon is likely not available for 2014, but other than that they probably feel he is back in 2015 and so they didn't need to replace him long term. Sure another top WR could help, but they had plenty other holes to fill. In a way I'm glad they didn't do what they always seemed to do in the past, over react. They would whif on a pick one year or round, then reach for somebody the next time. And that player would quickly flame out. Rinse and repeat for 15 years.

And we have a bunch of picks next year, including a likely top 5-10 first round pick since we're not improving that much. Surely there will be some good WR avaiable then.

The only real part I disagree with is their trading of later picks so flippantly. They gave up a 5th and a 6th to get Gilbert and West, then traded a 7th (Brandon Coleman anybody?) for a 6th next year. What's that going to do for you? Why not take a shot at a guy that probably gets drafted in the 4th/5th in most other non-50-WR-deep drafts? Now I get it - if that's your guy, and you're right, there's no such thing as an overpay. But when a team has that many holes, and there are so many other options on the board (check out the RB's drafted after West - wow) I don't think you have the luxury to be trading up/out and giving away picks when there's such a good chance your guy is there in one/ten picks anyway.

• Like 1

I agree that Cleveland missed on a great opportunity to grab a potentially great WR in this draft whether Gordon plays or not. Hell, even Denver grabbed a receiver in this draft and they certainly didn't need to. However, I really like Cleveland's results as a whole. Picking up another 1st round next year was a great move. 2 more first round picks next year could really do wonders. This team is close to being good. I could see them making the jump to 8-8 this year. Knowing Cleveland's luck, watch them make the playoffs and watch the Bills make the playoffs as well resulting in 2 late first round picks next year.

I agree that Cleveland missed on a great opportunity to grab a potentially great WR in this draft whether Gordon plays or not. Hell, even Denver grabbed a receiver in this draft and they certainly didn't need to. However, I really like Cleveland's results as a whole. Picking up another 1st round next year was a great move. 2 more first round picks next year could really do wonders. This team is close to being good. I could see them making the jump to 8-8 this year. Knowing Cleveland's luck, watch them make the playoffs and watch the Bills make the playoffs as well resulting in 2 late first round picks next year.

Taking our bad luck and horrible records over the past 15 years I think most fans would be happy with 8-8 or a playoff spot and lesser draft picks. And if we can do that without Gordon, with Hoyer and/or Manziel at QB, with a new coaching staff/GM I think it would be like winning the Super Bowl.

One really great thing about making the playoffs would be at least one of PIT, BAL, CIN are not in the playoffs, and we are worst 3rd in our division. (More likely 2 of those don't make and we're 2nd best.)

I wanted the Patriots to not draft a QB in the second round this year unless Bridgewater somehow fell to them. This is at least one year too early to think about the time after Brady in the second round.

Basically I don't care if the Patriots suck for a few years after Brady if they do everything they can to win another one right now.

What does that have to do with Josh Gordon's suspension or players who were suspended trying to be reinstated? Maybe you meant this for the "how'd you like your teams's draft" thread.

• Like 1

What does that have to do with Josh Gordon's suspension or players who were suspended trying to be reinstated? Maybe you meant this for the "how'd you like your teams's draft" thread.

I did indeed think that was the thread I was posting in.