[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon suspended for 2014-15?

CaptainHook

Would Gordon be able to play in an Arena League?

Maybe - but not the CFL. Gordon asked to play in the CFL and CFL confirmed that given their current rules he could not play during his suspended season if he was still under NFL contract.

So the drug testing policies of the state of Ohio would override those of the NFL substance abuse policy? And nobody has ever pursued that angle before? How it that the NFL can make PEDs against their rules and punish players, are they illegal in Ohio and every other state where an NFL team is HQ?

Just sounds like another last ditch effort (and all rumor at this point, I may believe it more if a lawsuit is filed).

Maybe I'm just tired of all the drama and indecision and want it over with. Bring on football games, this off season has been too much.

Pat williams and kevin williams did this, were able to play for 2.5 years before serving their suspension, and being turned down for the cfl just helps his case (if he sues) as it shows irreparable harm to his career, as the testing levels were far below state guidelines and in ohio both tests must be positive for a positive test result. His testing limits if I recall correctly were 1/10th the state guidelines and just over 1/4 of what is allowable in the Olympics. The nfl imposed a 15 microgram level on him, state levels are 150 micrograms and Olympic levels are 50 micrograms. There is precedence for this, but he needs to file soon, if it's going to happen.

Pat williams and kevin williams did this, were able to play for 2.5 years before serving their suspension, and being turned down for the cfl just helps his case (if he sues) as it shows irreparable harm to his career, as the testing levels were far below state guidelines and in ohio both tests must be positive for a positive test result. His testing limits if I recall correctly were 1/10th the state guidelines and just over 1/4 of what is allowable in the Olympics. The nfl imposed a 15 microgram level on him, state levels are 150 micrograms and Olympic levels are 50 micrograms. There is precedence for this, but he needs to file soon, if it's going to happen.

I don't remember the details fot he Williams case but if they ultimitately lost their court battle and had to serve their suspensions it would seem that the precedence is state laws and limits do not apply to the testing procedures agreed to between NFLPA and NFL as part of the CBA or other contracts.

I don't remember the details fot he Williams case but if they ultimitately lost their court battle and had to serve their suspensions it would seem that the precedence is state laws and limits do not apply to the testing procedures agreed to between NFLPA and NFL as part of the CBA or other contracts.

If you don't remember the details, why make and bold such a definitive statement? There are a dozen reason why they might have lost, that's a terrible assumption to make, and it's potentially very misleading.

• Like 1

Williams case was appealed to the state supreme court and he had retired by the time it got there, so NO technically he never served the suspension,

I should have been clearer in my post when I wrote they served their suspensions 2.5 years later

Edited by millworkguy

Looks like that lawsuit may not be on its way. I don't think my league gives points for selling cars -- probably time to officially rule him out for the year. http://espn.go.com/n...ob-car-salesman

Never heard of the place and I live in NE Ohio (Akron) and been around much of the area. Looking them up they appear to be pretty small and in a rather small town (Alliance while Randolph is the sticks).

Not sure who I'd rather have as my spokesman Gordon, or this guy

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/oh-summit/bath-twp-police-former-navy-seal-chris-heben-lied-about-getting-shot-at-west-market-plaza

I've heard of Randolph...it's near Kent.

Heben's an idiot and I would rather have Gordon endorsing my business

Yeah I've heard of Randolp and Alliance, but knew this wasn't one of the really big area auto dealers (Spitzer, etc.)

Agree on Heben, his story sounded fishy from the start.

Was drafted in our league and that owner did it for his long term keeper value. He doesn't expect him to play this year and doubt he'll cut him.

But the chance is still very slim that he plays this year. Is there a precedent where the NFL changed rules and made them retroactive and reduced suspensions?

Willing to risk what I'll say is a 10% max chance he plays this season

IMHO, I'm curious how much ego Goodell has about undoing the suspensions he was judge, jury, and executioner over. Not saying right or wrong, as it was agreed to in the collective agreement. Having said that, Goodell does work for the owners, and if they want their superstars to play... Goodell may have no choice.

I think both Gordon and Welker play week 1. Just a gut feeling the league makes the change.

http://espn.go.com/n...rug-suspensions

NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith told a Washington radio station Friday that, in talks with the NFL about a new policy for performance-enhancing drugs, the union will seek to reverse suspensions that occurred this year but are based retroactively to the previous policy.

"We don't want players to suffer because the union and league couldn't get it done before the league year," Smith told 106.7 The Fan, adding that the union would not agree to any policy that punishes players on simply being arrested.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter reported Thursday that the NFL is seeking to be able to punish players after an arrest but before the legal process plays out. The negotiations have been described as "fragile."