[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Draft of the Year - first four rounds

DMD

Nothing earth shattering here but this was a draft with no reception points and started QB-2RB-2WR-Flex-TE-PK-DEF

Running backs are still the big thing early even if the NFL thinks otherwise. But guys like Lacy, Bell, Bernard and Ball went far earlier than they did last year even though youngsters like Richardson and Martin were early drafted after a big first year and then flopped. Overall, a lot of changes from 2013 drafts.

Any surprises to you?

1.1 RB Peterson,A.

1.2 RB Charles,J.

1.3 RB McCoy,L.

1.4 WR Johnson,C.

1.5 RB Lacy,E.

1.6 RB Forte,M.

1.7 RB Bell,L.

1.8 RB Lynch,M.

1.9 TE Graham,J.

1.1 RB Bernard,G.

1.11 RB Murray,D.

1.12 WR Thomas,D.

2.1 RB Martin,D.

2.2 WR Green,A.

2.3 WR Marshall,B.

2.4 QB Manning,P.

2.5 WR Bryant,D.

2.6 RB Ball,M.

2.7 QB Brees,D.

2.8 WR Jones,J.

2.9 QB Rodgers,A.

2.1 WR Nelson,J.

2.11 WR Jeffery,A.

2.12 RB Morris,A.

3.1 WR Fitzgerald,L.

3.2 WR Brown,A.

3.3 RB Stacy,Z.

3.4 RB Foster,A.

3.5 RB Tate,B.

3.6 RB Gerhart,T.

3.7 WR Cobb,R.

3.8 WR Allen,K.

3.9 RB Ellington,A.

3.1 RB Spiller,C.

3.11 WR Garcon,P.

3.12 WR Jackson,V.

4.1 RB Mathews,R.

4.2 RB Bush,R.

4.3 TE Thomas,J.

4.4 WR White,R.

4.5 RB Bell,J.

4.6 WR Cruz,V.

4.7 WR Johnson,A.

4.8 TE Davis,V.

4.9 RB Johnson,C.

4.1 WR Welker,W.

4.11 RB Moreno,K.

4.12 WR Smith,T.

I hate non-PPR leagues... :lol:

Drew Brees was a steal at where he was grabbed.

Agree w/ BA that taking Lacy over Forte/Lynch is silly.

Gio Bernard going that high in non-PPR is silly. Ditto on Reggie Bush.

Concerned about Roddy White... that was a reach.

Chris Johnson could be steal of draft.

Torrey Smith in the 4th? Meh.

While I'm no fan of taking a QB early it's hard to see how Peyton Manning, after last year, went as late as he did. You can say QB is deep but PManning is extremely consistent and doesn't seem to have the variance of many a 1st round QB of the last several years. Nobody wants to pay for last year's performance but his schedule this year isn't bad.

I find the RBs most interesting. Lynch as the 7th RB taken (I think he's higher)? DMurray in the 1st round? The variance on those 3rd round RBs (RB2s) is high. Ryan Matthews as the 19th RB taken seems like decent value.

This one is perfect. I don't get Clowney in the second though.

That was me, actually. I think he can put up 200ish points. J.J. Watt scored 241 in that league last season.

200 points would make him an LB2 in this league.

If the scheme ever changes or Watt gets injured, he'd be a DL1.

The guy just has way too much talent. I had 6 picks in the top 40, so felt I could reach a little for a guy I really wanted. I didn't think he'd last until 26. My suspicions were correct, too.

I'm 100% satisfied with the pick and my draft in general.

That was me, actually. I think he can put up 200ish points. J.J. Watt scored 241 in that league last season.

200 points would make him an LB2 in this league.

If the scheme ever changes or Watt gets injured, he'd be a DL1.

The guy just has way too much talent. I had 6 picks in the top 40, so felt I could reach a little for a guy I really wanted. I didn't think he'd last until 26. My suspicions were correct, too.

I'm 100% satisfied with the pick and my draft in general.

I had planned to pick him up if he went to a 4-3. I don't have a deep enough team to take the shot on him you are. I get doing so if you have the depth to eat the pick if it doesn't pan out.

I agree - Foster was effective last year until he was injured in their year of implosion. He's got some miles to be sure but he also has a firm grip on the starting role there. He could be a bounce back type for sure. Remember Charles and Peterson bounced back so well from injuries the previous season. Foster is only 28 and has only had three seasons of heavy use. He has 1,131 career carries. Fewer than LeSean McCoy (1149), Reggie Bush (1190), Matt Forte (1551), Marshawn Lynch (1753), MJD (1804) or Peterson (2033)

I agree - Foster was effective last year until he was injured in their year of implosion. He's got some miles to be sure but he also has a firm grip on the starting role there. He could be a bounce back type for sure. Remember Charles and Peterson bounced back so well from injuries the previous season. Foster is only 28 and has only had three seasons of heavy use. He has 1,131 career carries. Fewer than LeSean McCoy (1149), Reggie Bush (1190), Matt Forte (1551), Marshawn Lynch (1753), MJD (1804) or Peterson (2033)

Interesting that he has fewer carries than McCoy seeing how McCoy is widely considered to be in his prime while Foster is considered to be worn out.

Peterson sure is a work horse.

Interesting that he has fewer carries than McCoy seeing how McCoy is widely considered to be in his prime while Foster is considered to be worn out.

Peterson sure is a work horse.

I suppose that Foster's preponderance to get nicked up would demonstrate that he is wearing down faster than "normal".