[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Draft of the Year - first four rounds

DMD

I agree - Foster was effective last year until he was injured in their year of implosion. He's got some miles to be sure but he also has a firm grip on the starting role there. He could be a bounce back type for sure. Remember Charles and Peterson bounced back so well from injuries the previous season. Foster is only 28 and has only had three seasons of heavy use. He has 1,131 career carries. Fewer than LeSean McCoy (1149), Reggie Bush (1190), Matt Forte (1551), Marshawn Lynch (1753), MJD (1804) or Peterson (2033)

Don't rule out the fact they signed Andre Brown, a guy that has shown he can be a workhorse and get goal line carries to be the backup.

Don't rule out the fact they signed Andre Brown, a guy that has shown he can be a workhorse and get goal line carries to be the backup.

Yeah, I don't get all of the "well Ben Tate is gone, Foster is going to be an absolute beast" talk. Brown is just as good if not better than Tate.

That all said... I think Foster's a big bounce-back candidate this year. I'm just tempering the expectations somewhat.

Getting Foster at the 2.08 pick like I just did I think is a very nice value. Obvious upside and even at worst should be an average RB2.

Getting Foster at the 2.08 pick like I just did I think is a very nice value. Obvious upside and even at worst should be an average RB2.

If you take an injury agnostic approach to drafting then he is highway robbery in the back half of the second round. DMC is about the only guy that I factor in a "more than normal" injury discount. Running backs get hurt, might as well take the guy with the most upside.

Yep, I love Foster as a bounce back RB this year. I traded Brady for him in the middle of last season. Brady was underperforming and my RB core was terrible. This move will either set me up big for this year or he'll get injured and it will be a disaster.

Foster is a high risk play, which is why his drafting stock is in 2nd round. For me, I'd like to play safe in the first 2 rounds, I probably won't be able to get him in any drafts this season.

Looking at this again, the drafter from the #9 position went TE-QB, a strategy I would generally avoid.

This year though I'm not so sure. There's decent RB talent outside the first 2 round and some clear RB question marks inside the 1st 2 rounds. Jimmy Graham and either Brees or Manning would be a tandem with low variance (stats don't vary much year-to-year) and give you a clear advantage at 2 positions, even with non-PPR.

Any thoughts on TE-QB this year?

Looking at this again, the drafter from the #9 position went TE-QB, a strategy I would generally avoid.

This year though I'm not so sure. There's decent RB talent outside the first 2 round and some clear RB question marks inside the 1st 2 rounds. Jimmy Graham and either Brees or Manning would be a tandem with low variance (stats don't vary much year-to-year) and give you a clear advantage at 2 positions, even with non-PPR.

Any thoughts on TE-QB this year?

The way that RB has become so watered down by committees, I like this strategy if you can't get one of the safer high volume rushers. I'd rather go Graham and one of the last elite WR's than a QB though.

The way that RB has become so watered down by committees, I like this strategy if you can't get one of the safer high volume rushers. I'd rather go Graham and one of the last elite WR's than a QB though.

This. Having Graham on your team gives you a huge positional advantage. Dude's in a tier all by himself. If Gronk could stay healthy he'd be knocking on the door to that tier but that's a huge "if".

Graham in Round 1 followed by best available WR and then either RB or WR in the 3rd is a sound strategy if you're positioned right in the draft.

This. Having Graham on your team gives you a huge positional advantage. Dude's in a tier all by himself. If Gronk could stay healthy he'd be knocking on the door to that tier but that's a huge "if".

Graham in Round 1 followed by best available WR and then either RB or WR in the 3rd is a sound strategy if you're positioned right in the draft.

But you don't do re-drafts anymore. :shrug:

No doubt Andre Brown is in great position to see a solid amount of touches or take over if Foster goes down, however, he has to stay healthy himself.

Edited by irish

• 3 weeks later...