[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone got any Rookie Draft tips they would share?

Draft is starting soon, I got a decent idea about the top 10 players on the board but after that I'm not seeing muchI'd especially like to be prepared in the 2nd round

I would say send irish a bunch of PMs. That guy really knows his stuff and LOVES PMs about advice. I would start immediately.

Wallace is certainly correct, i do know my stuff. However, he's busting my balls and poking a little fun, which is fine. I got your PM, Dave, and will be happy to respond when I get some time.

Thanks I thought maybe it was some inside joke. I hope I'm not in a league with you guys ;)

LoL! These guys definitely have a great sense of humor to go with solid FF knowledge. Lethal combo.

This wasn't a Rookie Draft but I thought I might vent. It just goes to show what a crap shoot drafting can be. I thought I posted this in draft strategies. I posted here by accident.

I studied for hours last year. Decided to focus on RBs early but had to see what dropped to me. Waited till late on a QB. The strategy was sound but my draft sucked. 3 out of my first 4 picks were busts! I only drafted 4 consistent players in my entire draft, one being a kicker. J. Charles, R Bush, L MIller were my best drafted players! I turned over all of my WRs with the WW. Ouch! I started 1-4 but worked the WW like crazy and ended 8-5 in a 12 team league with the 2nd best record and finished 2nd in the playoffs.

The team that won our league forgot about the draft and the computer auto picked for him. He dominated. Didn't take a RB till the 7th round and 9th round! Wr, Wr, TE, QB, WR, WR We all laughed at him after the draft. We didn't laugh long.

This year I'm going to focus on the player with the greatest possible impact available regardless of position. If I don't get a RB till late so be it.

Edited by chiroacademy

I completed my Rookie Rankings for dynasty league. Feel free to check out. http://www.qffl.com/.../Dynasty/Rookie

I feel it is very important to know you league mates draft tendencies. From my past experience, I was able to sit tight and let my favorite players fall to me. If I were new to the league, I probably would have traded up a few spots.

Edited by QFFL
  • Like 1

I thought I got good value drafting Sims at 3.04 but with Crowell & Williams on the board. I got 2 picks ahead of me & might have to settle for Seastrunk. Anyone want to talk him up so I feel better if that's who I get?

Nope. He's one RB I'm not touching this year.

He certainly is "aces"

No doubt.