[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2014 Fantasy Draft Prediction - Top 12 Picks (No Dynasty or Keeper)

Too high for Manning and Brees though I'll go out on a limb here and predict Brees to have the better fantasy year in 2014.

I think that Manning could be a top 3 pick in 2014, and here's why.

Manning put up 16% more points (406) than any other player in 2013 (Standard ESPN Scoring). Manning also scored 61% more points than the 10th ranked QB.

Compare that to the #1 ranked RB last year, Jamaal Charles, who scored 12.6% more points than the #2 ranked RB, and 69% more points than the 10th ranked RB.

The marginal difference between the #1 ranked QB and the 10th ranked QB was nearly identical to the top ranked RB vs the 10th ranked RB. Given the fact that Manning outscored every other player by 16% would indicate that he is worthy of a #1 pick in most formats.

Edited by Fantasyguru1988

Too high for Manning and Brees though I'll go out on a limb here and predict Brees to have the better fantasy year in 2014.

Agreed. Personally,I'd never take manning at #4. However, i guess an argument could be made to take him there after Charles, McCoy and Calvin or such.

However, Manning is the only one I'd take that high. I'd find it hard to pass on Charles, McCoy, ADP, Forte, Megatron, Dem. Thomas.

Historic season's are historic because they happen very rarely. Manning isn't going to repeat last year. Now, he may get 5k yards, but he's not getting 55 TD's, nor likely 45 for that matter. He lost Decker and picked up Sanders and a rookie WR. They won't fill Decker's shoes, as they need time to learn to think like Manning and be where he expects them to be depending on the coverage. The Broncos beefed up their pass rush and secondary. They're not going to need to put up 40 points per game this year(unless Ware, Talib and some others on D miss significant time like last year). They've built their team to get a lead early defend the passing game, and run some clock with Ball this year. But still feel free to take him there. The people a pick or two in back of you will be thrilled to have Forte, Calvin, Lynch, etc. drop to them.

Edited by Tripleshot

Every time I see C Johnson I pause thinking it's Chris Johnson.

Same...should at least put Cal. or something to differentiate.

or C Johnson (the good one)

That makes a hell of a lot more sense. Thought it was Chris Johnson for a second.

I think that Manning could be a top 3 pick in 2014, and here's why.

Manning put up 16% more points (406) than any other player in 2013 (Standard ESPN Scoring). Manning also scored 61% more points than the 10th ranked QB.

Compare that to the #1 ranked RB last year, Jamaal Charles, who scored 12.6% more points than the #2 ranked RB, and 69% more points than the 10th ranked RB.

The marginal difference between the #1 ranked QB and the 10th ranked QB was nearly identical to the top ranked RB vs the 10th ranked RB. Given the fact that Manning outscored every other player by 16% would indicate that he is worthy of a #1 pick in most formats.

Do you only start 1 RB in your league? If not, than this is not a valid comparison of point differential.

• Like 2

Do you only start 1 RB in your league? If not, than this is not a valid comparison of point differential.

Exactly because by the time you get your 2nd RB you will be picking from Tier 4 with a big drop off in points and will only have one weekly starting WR

Exactly because by the time you get your 2nd RB you will be picking from Tier 4 with a big drop off in points and will only have one weekly starting WR

Exactly and the point differential drop-off from the remaining QBs available, like getting a guy like Dalton, Romo, Big Ben, Cutler, Rivers, etc. is not nearly as great as the drop-off you'd see at RB and WR, especially when getting your #2's and 3's at these positions. Other than Manning, during his unreal year last year, which he won't do again, I'd rather grab up all the RBs and WRs and possibly TEs, than select a couple solid QBs, as mentioned above and play the hot hand or matchup. Drafting BPA, while waiting on QB has served me very well over the years.