[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where do you prefer to take your starting QB?

DMD

Quarterback Poll  

58 members have voted

1. 1. When do you plan on taking a QB?

• Gotta get a top 3 QB where ever that has to happen.
    • Won't pay for a top 3 but try to still access a top seven QB
    • Always prefer to wait until latter rounds for a QB
    • Won't make a plan, just take where one falls or makes the most sense

depends on the League. In my long-standing local, they tend to take them starting in the 1st Round. Of a 10-Team League. I generally have to take one earlier than I normally would.

It depends on how well they've done for my fantasy teams. If they're part of bringing me a title, I'll seriously consider taking them on a trip to Disney. If we lose in the playoffs, maybe just a simple dinner a little Texas de Brazil. Anything else, just a thank you card for their efforts during the season.

• Like 1

It depends on how well they've done for my fantasy teams. If they're part of bringing me a title, I'll seriously consider taking them on a trip to Disney. If we lose in the playoffs, maybe just a simple dinner a little Texas de Brazil. Anything else, just a thank you card for their efforts during the season.

Fyi:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/fogo-de-chao-las-vegas-las-vegas#query:Brazilian%20Steakhouse

Excellent! The more options I have the merrier. I got a couple options by me too. Fernandes, Churrascaria Plataforma, Rio Rodizio. But they gotta earn it!

I like drafting because it lets me feel out what someone else is thinking. Planning for the next rd and predicting who your opponent will take is key. In my 16 team IDP keeper league, Ali Steel (that is her team name) is known for taking Steelers. This lets me know that if she is given a choice between 2 or 3 players she will most likely take the Steeler.

It's due those reasons, i like to be flexible. If I can wait a rd or 2 on a QB cause i know how my league like to draft I'm going to do it and have the stronger team. I also know that if i have the chance to take a top 3 QB in the second rd i should do it.

Most of the answers are based on 10 or 12 team leagues. What about a 16 team league? What if you were 1st and would not pick again fro 35 turns? A QB who consistently puts up large numbers is pretty valuable when considering the total score.

Edited by Scorcher

Most of the answers are based on 10 or 12 team leagues. What about a 16 team league? What if you were 1st and would not pick again fro 35 turns? A QB who consistently puts up large numbers is pretty valuable when considering the total score.

How much will the QB outscore the QB you are likely to be able to take at a later pick compared to the drop in scoring you are likely to see at the RB or WR position?

The position with the largest drop is going to be the answer for what position you should take (yes, this is slightly oversimplified, but for the bulk of the situations, it is the answer).

League size is irrelevant except for estimating the number of players at each position likely to be taken between picks.

• Like 1

How much will the QB outscore the QB you are likely to be able to take at a later pick compared to the drop in scoring you are likely to see at the RB or WR position?

The position with the largest drop is going to be the answer for what position you should take (yes, this is slightly oversimplified, but for the bulk of the situations, it is the answer).

League size is irrelevant except for estimating the number of players at each position likely to be taken between picks.

+1 but don't tell scorcher that, I'm in a 16 team league with him.

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

Thanks for your answer.

• 3 weeks later...

i don't think tom brady is the last one,he deserves top 5.Aaron rodgers should be 2nd, the no.1 i think is peyton manning.(personal view :boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

In a 10-12 team league, every one of the top tier QBs go too early.

No set rule. But 80% of the time:

I don't go for that top tier. After they go, people panic and grab what they can get and forget about QB for a while.

Then I try and guage when people are picking their #2 and pick one round earlier (6-8th round).

Sometimes 1-3 teams get their #2 before my #1, but then I use 2-3 of the next 4 rounds on a QB and 1 more late (depending on roster sizes and the QBs I've got).

If this doesn't pan out, waiver wire at the beginning of the season usually can help you.

Works 10-90% of the time.

If I know who will be a top 3 or top 7 QB, I probably will draft accordingly. Unfortunately it is hard to predict, I feel safer to wait to draft a QB, and adequate weekly starter is good enough for me.

In a 10-12 team league, every one of the top tier QBs go too early.

No set rule. But 80% of the time:

I don't go for that top tier. After they go, people panic and grab what they can get and forget about QB for a while.

Then I try and guage when people are picking their #2 and pick one round earlier (6-8th round).

Sometimes 1-3 teams get their #2 before my #1, but then I use 2-3 of the next 4 rounds on a QB and 1 more late (depending on roster sizes and the QBs I've got).

If this doesn't pan out, waiver wire at the beginning of the season usually can help you.

Works 10-90% of the time.

This is exactly what I do. I just did it in a 26-round dynasty startup draft and grabbed -

Cutler in the 12th

Manziel in the and 13th

Alex Smith in the 17th

Brock Osweiler in the 22nd

Romo and Rivers went in the same round I took Cutler or at the end of the round, at the turn, before I picked.