[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League. 3 Keepers.

JShady

10 Team PPR

6 points for ANY TD

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, WR/RB/TE Flex, K, D

We have to give up the draft round we used to take the player last season. We can only keep drafted players no free agents.

This was my initial draft last season from the 2 slot.

1. (2) LeSean McCoy(Phi - RB)

2. (19) Julio Jones(Atl - WR)

3. (22) Chris Johnson(NYJ - RB)

4. (39) Marques Colston(NO - WR) Dropped last season. Can't Keep

5. (42) Rob Gronkowski(NE - TE)

6. (59) Matthew Stafford(Det - QB)

7. (62) Pierre Garcon(Was - WR)

8. (79) T.Y. Hilton(Ind - WR)

9. (82) Tony Romo(Dal - QB)

10. (99) Danny Woodhead(SD - RB) Dropped last season. Can't Keep

11. (102) Michael Vick(NYJ - QB) Dropped last season. Can't Keep

12. (119) Kenny Britt(StL - WR) Dropped last season. Can't Keep

13. (122) Jordan Cameron(Cle - TE)

14. (139) Phil Dawson(SF - K)

15. (142) New England(NE - DEF) Dropped last season. Can't Keep

16. (159) Knowshon Moreno(Mia - RB)

Who would you keep(3)?

I am thinking McCoy for sure. Probably worth the risk on Gronk in the 5th too. 3rd one is really giving me trouble. Moreno in the 16th sure is tempting...even though I am not big on him for this year.

Edited by JShady

I figure it comes down to McCoy, Jones, Johnson, Gronk and Jordan Cameron, with McCoy the only 100% for sure choice. Johnson depends on your thoughts on his chances of a resurgence with the Jets, otherwise he can be discounted (or if you only need 1 RB). Jones is generally ranked a top 5 WR but is a early/mid 2nd round choice, so not exactly screaming value here. Gronk and Cameron are both in the upper echelon of TEs, so really Cameron is the one with a higher value here given his cost, even though Gronk is likely going to be a mid 3rd-mid 4th round draft pick and presenting value.

It really depends on your lineup requirements, and, if you know your draft slot, who you expect to be available when you pick in the first couple rounds (obviously an inexact guess as you must speculate on the other keepers, but a worthwhile endeavor).

Absent that info, I think I lean McCoy, Jones and Cameron, but I'm not exactly thrilled with using my second rounder on Jones as it isn't really providing a major value.

Could you package Gronk or Cameron (or trade them striaght up) to someone for a better keeper option at another position? May be worth exploring.

I tend to look at more the value choices on this list, cameron for a 13th rounder, McCoy - depends on where I am drafting in the first, as you start 3wr or 2 te's, i'd be tempted by ty hilton or garcon in the 7/8 spots and gronk in the 5th.

Still shocked you dropped woodhead last year in a ppr. (i'll assume it was week one or two)

I would go with McCoy, Cameron, and Garcon/Hilton. Garcon and Hilton are pretty even so check there schedules. Had them both last year. They were average, but i expect improvement, because they both have added talent around them, so they won't be the main focus point for the defense. If i had to choose right now i would go with Hilton, because you get him a round later.

McCoy and J.Jones.. or depending your pick in round 2, if you draft early I'd throw JJ back and keep Cameron then pick-up a different 'stud' WR1. Then probably Garcon or Hilton. Moreno is a great value @ 16 but it's risky moving to MIA from DEN.

McCoy is a lock

Cameron > Gronk he has a better health history and whoever the starting QB is in Cle they are going to dump the ball off to him

The big decision comes down to Hilton vs Garcon.

Garcon now has DJax on his team which may figure him to get less work

Hilton has to fight for catches with Reggie Wayne (who i swear is older than dirt...)

I personally like Hilton over Garcon mainly cause I like Luck over RG3.

• 1 month later...