[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for some 'New' dinner ideas ?

AFRO

OK, so I am the primary cook in the house, and lately I've been looking for something to spice up the norm.

I am not per say looking for anything too crazy or hard to cook, my schedule is busy as ever, and while I love cooking, time is usually of the essence. I'm not looking for anything too exotic or super complicated; more so, a list of alternatives to add to the usual "Chicken-dish, Taco-night, Pork Chop, Spaghetti, Hamburgers, or the occasional Fish"... etc that is more along the line of the norm for supper in typical week of suppers.

So Huddlers and Huddler-etts, lend me your ideas.

please post some recepies or websites that you frequent when you, or the primary cook in the household, go to when you looking for 'new' meals that are not in the regular list of go to meals.

please and Thank Ye!

P.S. Damn! this took for ever to type; the keys don't seem to be responding WTF?

I can't type into the forums on my windows 8 machine either. Total PITA.

Who's eating? Should ideas be kid friendly and if so what approximate ages? I have lots of stuff I can send just for us it's broken down into what we feed our kids and what we eat ourselves (we don't do family dinner yet though it's coming soon)

Me, the wife and my stepson (<--14, a smidge pickier eater) kid, err TEEN friendly is preferable..

Seems like the quick reply is a bit more responsive to typing.. but fingers still out pacing the accuracy of input (thanks auto fill)

Chunk up a 3 pack of boneless skinless chicken breast, sauté them in EVOO (seasoned well) in a big sauce pot, remove when cooked through. Add a lil EVOO and a few cloves of minced garlic for 30 seconds, then toss in a bag of spinach and cook til just wilted. Add chicken back to pot with spinach and 2 jars of your fave alfredo sauce (roasted red pepper here). While sauce is heating boil 2 bags of Bertolli spinach and cheese tortellini....when cooked drain and add to the sauce/chicken/spinach mixture. Serve with a tossed salad and bread and peppers...it's become a once a week meal here...15 mins and you're done Spell edit

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Thanks folks!, Bier I will head there to see what I can glean!

HBTCowboy's, Sounds delish..will run it by the wife she only likes cooked spinach in my lasagna :thinking:

but this sounds delightful thanks for the idea I may have to tweak it a smidge, but will defo try it out :tup:

edit;

WashD, if you could, PM me that list bud! and thanks again.

Edited by AFRO

• 1 month later...

We do Quesadillas a lot. Baked or fried. Flour tortilla, Cheese of choice, meat of choice, veggies of choice. One tort down, cover with toppings, add another tort. Bake at 300 for 5-10 min till cheese is melted, or pan fry ( they get more crisp, and IMO the better way to go). Possibilities are endless, and a great use for leftover chicken or steak.

• 2 weeks later...