[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marshawn Lynch says he may retire

DMD

His contract is up this year and he is already the #5 paid RB in the league. He gets $5M this year and trails only Arian Foster ($5.8M), Matt Forte ($6M), LeSean McCoy ($7.7M) and Adrian Peterson ($11.8M). He wants a new contract that will pay him even more but he is already 28 and has more carries than any other back over the last 3 seasons.

Problem too is the Seahawks seem pretty set on giving the reins to Christine Michael and not sign Lynch to big bucks. Lynch already said last year he would consider retirement if they won the Superbowl last January.

Might be a Barry Sanders-esque thing. But I bet not.

It's all posturing. Lynch wants to get paid. Team talks up Michael. Then this "Lynch will retire" stuff comes up. He'll begrudgingly play for the Hawks this year, with Michael and even Turbin eating into his carries and Oakland will scoop him up in 2015 once MJD's tree trunk legs fall off and Run-DMC's knees break down again.

I'm glad I shipped Lynch off in a dynasty league. I kind of saw the writing on the wall and wanted to get what was - at the time - big time value for him. Wouldn't have got the same deal right now.

Here are the top WR base salaries for 2014.

Mike Wallace $15M

Percy Harvin $11M

Vincent Jackson $10M

Andre Johnson $10M

Dwayne Bowe $8.75M

Brandon Marshall $7.3M

Pierre Garcon $7.1M

Marques Colston $5.5M

Roddy White $5M

Calvin Johnson $5M

I am guessing Megatron got paid up front.

Tight Ends

Jimmy Graham $7M as franchise player

Marcedes Lewis 6.7M (in Mythbusters voice, "Hey Jags, there's your problem")

Greg Olsen 5.25M

Jason Witten 5M

Antonio Gates 5M

Martellus Bennett 4.8M

Vernon Davis 4.7M

Brent Celek 4M

James Casey 3.985M

Rob Gronkowski 3.75M

\

source http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/tight-end/limit-25/

Christine Michael was already the hottest handcuff in football, this news just bumped his value up even higher

Who's this woman who plays football?

Marshawn Lynch will be the bell cow for the Seahawks as long as he is productive, period. The Seahawks play close, low scoring ball games for the most part. In those games, Lynch keeps pounding. You're telling me they're going to take him out of close games, or get rid of him in his prime during a championship era? He will be among the league leaders in carries until it is apparent he doesn't have it anymore, which we all know happens in the blink of an eye at that position. We'll all know when it's over.

They're in a tough spot because the team almost never wins when a RB tries to get a final contract, but Lynch will be among the league leaders in carries until he can't carry the team on his back anymore.

Marshawn Lynch will be the bell cow for the Seahawks as long as he is productive, period. The Seahawks play close, low scoring ball games for the most part. In those games, Lynch keeps pounding. You're telling me they're going to take him out of close games, or get rid of him in his prime during a championship era? He will be among the league leaders in carries until it is apparent he doesn't have it anymore, which we all know happens in the blink of an eye at that position. We'll all know when it's over.

They're in a tough spot because the team almost never wins when a RB tries to get a final contract, but Lynch will be among the league leaders in carries until he can't carry the team on his back anymore.

Huh? The Hawks scored 26.1 ppg last year (#8 in the NFL), only about a point and a half less than the #2 team (Chicago). Took out Denver since they were the high outlier at a whopping 38 ppg.

So, not sure where you get your "low scoring" from.

As you can imagine, since the story broke that Lynch would likely skip this week's mandatory minicamp last week, this has been hashe d rehashed to death on both Seattle sports talk radio stations. Here's what the general consensus is:

He's going into year three of a four year deal. His salary this year is 5M and the last year it is 7M. Everyone's talking about how much mileage he has on him after 3 straight 300+ carry seasons in a row, how he is 28 years old, about how good Michael looks, and how this year may be Lynch's last. Seems like he would like to get swap year four's 7M with this year's 5M because of the possibility that he might be a cap casualty after this year. Most aren't blaming him, as a RB's NFL career is much shorter than most, and he needs to get paid while he can.

I agree with the above, but I don't rule him out as being a bell cow this season. This guy has run like he does for three straight years without any real injury concerns. Methinks he may be the rare RB that doesn't drop off horribly at his age like most RBs. I expect the Seahawks to use him pretty close to his normal, historical workload this year while getting some more looks at Michael, then evaluate whether Lynch can be kept for his final year based on this year's performance and his salary against the cap in 2015.

Here are the top WR base salaries for 2014.

Mike Wallace $15M

Percy Harvin $11M

Vincent Jackson $10M

Andre Johnson $10M

Dwayne Bowe $8.75M

Brandon Marshall $7.3M

Pierre Garcon $7.1M

Marques Colston $5.5M

Roddy White $5M

Calvin Johnson $5M

I am guessing Megatron got paid up front.

Yep, 16M signing bonus, also $4M annual option bounuses, close to 1M in other bonus. That brings it up to $10M, and the contract was a $16M+ average.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/calvin-johnson/

• 1 month later...

2 things -

- Lynch is a bizarre guy.

- he's an ugly Mofo.

And yet 2 more...

-Lynch is Medusa gone drag. -Or-

-Jamaican drug dealer.