[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Richard Sherman Tells Vernon Davis To Stick To His Guns

keggerz

Via PFT: http://profootballta...ck-to-his-guns/

Yesterday I was part of a media Q&A with Sherman and I asked him if he had any advice for Vernon Davis and his brand...the quote in the PFT article was from his answer to that question.

Sucks that PFT credited Matt Maiocco for it instead of me. I made Maiocco aware of it and he wrote a small story on it too but he credited USA Today's TheHuddle.com. I guess PFT just didn't pay complete attention to his article.

Anyway, I expected Sherman to take a shot at Davis, but he didn't. Instead it seemed a bit like player solidarity. Here's a link to the Sherman interview:

EDIT: PFT corrected their crediting error...didn't credit me by name but at least credited, "USA Today's TheHuddle.com."

Edited by keggerz

Or planting the seeds of dissent in the enemy camp.

I don't think so. It's not something he was expecting and his answer did seem sincere. Then again, maybe he does think that fast on his feet.

Or planting the seeds of dissent in the enemy camp.

I think it's actually a little bit of both. He's showing solidarity for another fellow player, because at the end of the day, NFL players like to see other players get paid, no matter the team for which they play. However, if it takes away arguably their best receiving option or costs the Niners some more cap space, all the better. And yes, Sherman's smart enough to think that fast.