[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

keeper year 2 rookie draft advice 1.6 1.7

hollow050

Hey guys new to the forum. Im in 12 team keepr league. Its a ppr league. We start 2 qb, 3rb,3wr,flex, te.plus def. I have 2 pics in the first 1.6 1.7. Im high on a west, ebron combo if available. Im interested in brandon cooks, mathews from philly, and hyde. Need some help with the route i should take

Qb-alex smith, kapernick

Rb- demarco muarry, doug martin, daren mcfaden, jaquezz rogers

wr -ruben randal, tavon austin, jarret boykins, harry douglas, anquin boldin, cecil shorts

te-antonio gates

Explore the trade market.

You have too many holes for a 12 team league with those lineup reqs that I would be seeing what I would get in trade for one or both of the picks.

You probably could use an upgrade at QB - Smith is decent, but not someone you want ot rely on week in/week out, even in a start 2 QB league

Your first 2 Rbs are good, but you are required to start 3 - so let;s hope for a McFadden bounce back.

Won't even talk about WRs, major help needed here.

TE - Gates is on his last legs - Ebron nice, but really as you probably have 1, maybe 2 more years with Gates, I'd probably look to address WR before TE.

If you can get nothing palatable for the picks, I think I would consider snagging Hyde (even though he is a couple years away from potentially being a 3 down back) and a WR of the players you have listed. Cooks is a solid option, but I don;t know that you will get a big payoff this year given how many quality options Brees has in NO. If Hyde is gone (and Sankey too, which is likely), then I'd likely target two WRs to try and bolster that group you have.

Since there are a number of good WR options that will be available later in the draft, and 2-3 strong TE options in the draft (Ebron, then Sefarin-Jenkins and Amaro plus the high risk/reward Lyerla play), maybe you could find teams willing to trade up and net you either multiple 2nd/3rd round picks or a veteran that will contribute plus a 2nd/3rd round pick.

I have to agree with Big Country, if you can move back the 1.6 to the 1.10-2.02 range and pick up and 2nd, or bump another late round pick up to something solid a 7th to a 3rd (or 4th to 2nd) for instance and enable you to pick up more ground. In all my rookie drafts this year cooks and sankley have been gone by 5, so likely hyde and Matthews would be there, I'm also a fan of d Adams (I've seen him go from 1.7 to 2.5) Matthews (1.5 to 2.1) West, Mason (both should be there late 1st to mid 2nd, depending on your scoring) assuming you have a second round pick (2.6 or 2.7) I'd be tempted if you can't trade back to either take 2 wr's in the first and a rb in the second depending on who is around. If hyde is there in the first, lee, robinson, latimer, amaro should be around at the 2.6 for you

Thx guys i think my rec core has no studs but i have alot of young talent in austin and randal i have been trying to move down in the draft so far no takers. I did receive 2 picks in a earlier trade 3.9 4.9 so i will have 4 picks in the later rounds . Any qb i should target in rd 1 if there?

Not with your team at those picks. It is easier to move back when your Otc esp if another owner loves a guy who they didn't expect to fall is now there, so you may not have much of a market till then as many see the 5th-10th picks as being on the same teir and therefore little reason to pay the price to move up especially right now

Definitely no QB worth taking that early.

What till the 5th pick is up then start soliciting offers again. It's amazing how draft fever can hit and all of a sudden offers can fly in - just make it known you are willing to move a pick for the right deal. I wouldn;t just be looking to move down for picks in the current draft, I'd be looking to see if I could pick up any proven players that could help me now or, as realistically this team is not likely to compete for a title this season, look to move back while improving on my 2015 picks.

Something like the 1.06 and a 2015 4th for an early 2nd and a 2015 2nd. That way, you still have picks in the current draft to build on, but also get better picks next year, which I have heard some people say looks like it could be quite a bit stronger than this years crop of rookies (of course, this far out, who knows). During your draft though your picks will never have a higher value and the 2015 picks will never have a lower value, so a perfect sell high, buy low opportunity.

So you need two rookies in the first @ 1.6 and 1.7

Kelvin Ben-jammin is interesting for a rookie WR with a lot of opportunity as potentially WR1 (risky but Cam's got to throw to someone). Cooks could be ok but Brees can spread the ball around or throw to one guy he picks on matchups and weaknesses so Cooks could be hit or miss.

I like Hyde, Tre and I think they should see some playing time, Ebron could be a star the dudes athletic and a problem since he's bigger than majority of the LB's that would be covering him.

Try to account for the players that could be available at 1.6 and 1.7 based on if the first 4-5 RB's are gone and who else is left.. Either way having back to back 1st rounders is a big advantage. WR's don't typically impact their first year but you never know. RB's have a better chance to impact if they get the chance.