[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Help

Frank99

I recently received a trade offer that I could use some advice on, but first a little info about our league. It is a 12 team, PPR, shallow keeper league, we get to keep any 4 players, plus 1 rookie if we maintained them on our roster throughout the year. My current plan for keepers are Ben Tate, MJD, Larry Fitzgerald & Andre Johnson, I failed to maintain a rookie. I barely missed playoffs last season and I currently own the 1.02 pick due to lottery picks for Round 1, and I traded away my 2nd Round pick in a trade mid-season, which is 2.01, it is a redraft setting for all available players, rookies and veterans alike are pooled together.

I was recently offered Frank Gore, a swap for 1st Round picks 1.02 for 1.10 , and a swap for his 2nd round pick and my 3rd, so I would get 2.10 instead of 3.01. I know that Gore would upgrade me at RB a bit for at least this next season and most other qualified RB's will be kept by the rest of the league. Is this trade acceptable or should I counter for more?

What's the rest of your roster? Just curious if there may be better options for your keepers, or if you may have other opportunities to package some players together to try and improve on your keepers.

But, as to the trade, this is an easy decline.

Gore is in a spot where he may see a bit of a reduction in his use with all of the RB talent SF has been stockpiling. SO while I do think he is a slight upgrade to what you have, it's not significant enough to drop 8 spots in the first round and move up only 2 spots from the 3.01. In addition to dropping the 8 spots, you are also essentially giving up whichever player you are no longer able to keep, making this a very expensive move for you.

I wouldn't bother countering. Gore is not enough if an improvement ove what you have now to justify it. If it was a younger, more dynamic back, that's another thing, but your keepers all already have one foot in the retirement home, no point giving up you one major asset (the 1.02) to add another one there as well.

Tate and MJD have both moved to new teams where they could have a lot of production. I'm not sure who is going to be in the draft pool but I'm guessing a quality RB will be available at 1.02.

The other thing that I'd make mention of is that Gore is 31 and he has Carlos Hyde and Kendell Hunter competing for his job.

How long do you get to keep your (4) original keepers?

Did everyone already drop the remaining players from their squads? What would you see at 1.02 for RBs?

I wouldn't take Gore with Hyde potentially in the mix.. I know it's way too early to speculate Gore's future, I would take a chance on the free agent market at the position you are in for the best available player @ 1.02 because he may be your next keeper (at least should be), MJD is near retirement.. SFO keeps drafting RB's.. I wouldn't hit the panic button yet, the guy trading you Gore is looking to upgrade from him and not keep him he's not doing you a favor.