[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper question

buddahj

This will be the first year using ppr in my local. It'll be 1 pt/reception. The only stipulation for a keeper is that it has to be 5th round or later. You can only keep the player for 2 years after the initial draft. Last season I kept Alfred Morris with an 8th round pick. I've narrowed it down to four.

Doug Martin - 5th round (grabbed him of waivers after original owner dropped him instead of putting him on IR)

Alfred Morris - 8th round

Jordan Cameron - 12th round

Danny Woodhead - 13th round

Martin & Morris were keepers last year. So they can only be kept for the upcoming year. Cameron & Woodhead can be kept for two years.

Personally, I'm leaning towards Morris or Cameron.

TIA for the input.

Man that's a toughie. Initially I was about to type "as enticing as Cameron may be... I'd go with Morris..."..... but then did a bit of a double-take and had to ponder deeper.

Martin has some merit here as a 5th, but given you'd only be able to keep him this year (and potentially sharing too much of the workload with other RBs on that roster), I think you pass there.

Morris is going to get a good workload but Gruden's offense will air it out early and often. The fact you can keep him just this year is also a little bit of a ding.

Cameron, able to be kept for two years, at the expense of a 12th is just too good of a value. He's going to be a target machine regardless of who's throwing the ball in CLE (and regardless of Gordon's status).

I'd go Cameron.

I wouldn't let the years affect the decision. What's to say you don't draft a better guy this year that is a better option for you than Cameron next year?

You didn't specifically say that the keeper costs you the round. It's implied, and if so it's a pretty close decision, but I still take Martin. There will be plenty of carries in Lovie's system, and with a suspect QB situation, there will be even more carries and lots of targets in the passing game as well. Martin should easily see 300+ touches and could push 350+ in the right situation.

I'm not quite sold on Cameron. He got shut down in the 2nd half of the year and looked awful in the process. Losing Gordon is a big issue as well. He may get a ton of targets, but he'll command a lot of defensive attention and I'm not convinced he can beat it.

I like Morris at 8 a lot, but I like Martin for ppr aspect. I would go Morris. It's too unclear how the Browns will do this year too many changing parts which is volatile consistency, plus with Morris at 8 you may be able to get Cameron again if you choose. Risk/reward I would go Martin, safer bet would be Morris.

• 2 weeks later...

If you believe that Martin is going to have a bounce back year, you have to keep him. Whether we like it or not, he's a potential top 5 back for a 5th Rd pick, and that's too good of value to pass up.

Morris is definitely the safer play. Desean Jackson is going to cut into his carries a bit, as they will move him around to try and get him in space, but an overall better team in Washington could boost morris' value.

Cameron was great for half a year before the league figured him out. Attention will be known him if Gordon is suspended, and he's never shown a real ability to separate from a defender anyway.

Feeling dangerous? Keep Martin.

Play it safe? Keep Morris.

• Like 1

Cameron is the best value but Morris or Martin are the type of keeps that will help you win. You lose virtually nothing in keeping them. I agree that if you feel good about Martin this year he's the call. Otherwise it's Morris or Cameron. I'd lean to Morris since I don't see much to challenge him on that team even if he doesn't catch a lot of passes. You lock up a solid #2 for a late pick

is there a limit on how many players u can keep?

If not I would keep:

Doug Martin - 5th round

Alfred Morris - 8th round

Jordan Cameron - 12th round

If its only 2 I would keep Martin and Morris and lock in your RBs and work off that.