[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Idp drafting

I recently had a discussion with a fellow league member about where to draft IDPs. Our scoring favors IDP (2pt solo 1 pt assist 3 for sack 5 for int or fumble recovery) I told him that the elite LBs needed to be taken in the 2 to 4 rd of the draft and he was telling me that they shouldn't be drafted til at least the 6th rd.

With our scoring, I feel the top IDP should be taken higher in the draft as compared to the offensive players. I see them out scoring the 2 WRs and 2 RBs. Do you think I'm right in my reasoning or are IDPs worth less in general compared to offensive playersq?

I recently had a discussion with a fellow league member about where to draft IDPs. Our scoring favors IDP (2pt solo 1 pt assist 3 for sack 5 for int or fumble recovery) I told him that the elite LBs needed to be taken in the 2 to 4 rd of the draft and he was telling me that they shouldn't be drafted til at least the 6th rd.

With our scoring, I feel the top IDP should be taken higher in the draft as compared to the offensive players. I see them out scoring the 2 WRs and 2 RBs. Do you think I'm right in my reasoning or are IDPs worth less in general compared to offensive playersq?

It's not just about scoring but supply and demand and there are many LBs that can be relied on.

Any strategy can work, but the first IDP I'd be looking to draft would be a stud DE (positional scarcity)...however, that too depends on league makeup...if you don't start DL or DE as its own position then I'd go LB over DE but not if you have to start players at each IDP spot.

Some other factors that influence this would be size of league and how many do you start. In a 16 team league where you start 4 lb's, I would be drafting idp's much earlier then a 10 team where you start 2

Edited by millworkguy

Our league is on the bigger side, we have 16 team and start 3 DL, 4 LB, and 3 DB. One of the points i made to him was we actually start more IDPs then offensive players. Plus with LB able to score upward of 40 point on a great outing it makes them more valuable in our league.

@Keggerz in the format I'm we use would it be worth taking a DL. I personally don't think so but I'm curious of your thoughts

Our league is on the bigger side, we have 16 team and start 3 DL, 4 LB, and 3 DB. One of the points i made to him was we actually start more IDPs then offensive players. Plus with LB able to score upward of 40 point on a great outing it makes them more valuable in our league.

@Keggerz in the format I'm we use would it be worth taking a DL. I personally don't think so but I'm curious of your thoughts

I think the 2nd or 3rd round is too early to take IDPs...let someone else jump that early, grab up the offensive talent. WIth that said, the earliest I'd consider going with a stud DL would be in round 5 or 6.