[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League Help...Who Should i keep...

bayer93

Ok so i am in a customized fantasy league with a salary cap we have a cap limit of $1950 but the salary of the kept players are there points total from the year before i will post 3 teams for examples of a team that made limited moves so far and a team that is ready to draft....

My Team Player Salary Tom Brady 381 LeVeon Bell 220 Darren McFadden 102 MJD 188 Alshon Jeffrey 289 Eric Decker 270 Reggie Wayne 96 Marques Colston 182 James Jones 147 Jordan Cameron 194 Seattle D/ST 312

The only players dropped on this team is the D/STs Player Salary Mike Glennon 240 Andrew Luck 401 Eddie Lacy 267 Christine Micheal 20 DeMarco Murray 292 Isaiah Pead 20 Daryl Richardson 41 Stevan Ridley 144 James Starks 105 Pierre Thomas 193 Marlon Brown 131 Micheal Crabtree 50 Larry Fitzgerale 211 Justin Hunter 80 Lance Moore 82 Brian Quick 53 Steve Smith (BAL) 145 Torrey Smith 209 Markus Wheaton 20 Vernon Davis 217 Vance McDonald 16 Greg Olsen 166 Stephen Gostkowski 200

This team is ready to draft Player Salary Nick Foles 377 Rashad Jennings 193 Marshawn Lynch 311 Alfed Morris 216 Andre Johnson 263 Hakeem Nicks 145 Roddy White 127 Kendall Wright 187

My Question is most teams do not have a D/ST on there roster and most have 2 RBs and 3 WRs....would you keep the Seattle Seahawks D and James Jones or Eric Decker and MJD...

Hard to say ithout knowing what players go for in the auction - is points scored generally a good valuation of a player, or is it high compared to normal auction values?

For example, what do defenses usually go for in your league? In general, I wouldn't want to spend more than 2-3% of my cap on a defense as they are generally highly unpredictable and easily replaceable on the waiver wire, and, even if we can say with some level of certainty that the Seahawks would be a top 5 fantasy defense, I don't know that that would justify using 16% of your cap space on them.... But, it would depend on your scoring system, how much value is actually at the defense position in the league, etc. - I mean, the Seahwks will cost you the same as Marshawn Lynch, more than Lacy, Murray, Bell etc., so it certainly seems like they are overpriced.

As for the other players, it really is very dificult to say based on the info provided - Decker for 14% of the cap seems high considering he no longer has Manning throwing to him, will likely draw better coverage as there is a lack of other options to draw coverage away from him, etc., so I would expect a decline in his production this year. Without giving away too much of the pay content here, the huddle has his projected auction value at about 1/3rd of that cost, so he would seem to be very overvalued in this case.

On the flip side, MJD is right in line with his projected auction value, so he would appear to be a decent option to keep if you didn't think an upgrade would be possible in the auction.