[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio for 1st pick, 10th pick and Toby Gerhart

bwebs13

my keepers: Demaryius Thomas, Alshon Jeffery, Julio Jones, Alfred Morris, C.J. Spiller, Christine Michael, Julius Thomas.

1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te. ppr. and all other scoring is standard, except 6 pts for qb tds.

Was offered the 1st and 10th pick in our rookie/free agent draft and Toby Gerhart for Julio Jones.

This is a Dyntasty league, we play with a salary, salary is what makes trades hard and the reason I have Jones on the block because he is very cheap. we do an auction draft first with all players not kept then a rookie/FA draft with all rookies and players not auctioned.

with the picks, ideally I would go for Mike Evans with #1 and Hopefully someone like Kelvin Benjamin at 10 and Toby has potential to be a solid RB. i dont see any rookie rb having a great impact this year and in the future but convince me other wise.

here are the available RBs in the auction: Le'Veon Bell Bishop Sankey Reggie Bush Chris Johnson Joique Bell Ben Tate Stevan Ridley Steven Jackson Knowshon Moreno Pierre Thomas Fred Jackson DeAngelo Williams Terrance West Khiry Robinson Devonta Freeman Lamar Miller

I am torn on the decision. Julio is the best player in this scenario with enormous upside which is proven and Evans has potential to be a beast, I like Benjamin I think he will have a lot of TDs this year and also has potential (i know i might not get him with 10th pick) and Gerhart will be a nice RB to have along with the ones I already have.

I am in no rush to trade Julio I was just shopping him around because I wanted to see some offers and I think this is good but I really like Julio. I know he is injury prone but he can be the #1 WR...

Would greatly appreciate some advice.

Thanks!

Edited by bwebs13

I'm a little bit confused (happens often). Is this a keeper league, or a dynasty league? In other words, with those picks, would you only be able to draft from the rookie pool, or are there other non-keepers as well? I only ask because you referred to your keepers (implying that it's not a full-on dynasty), yet only mentioned rookies as potential players you might pick. I can't imagine that Evans would be the #1 overall player taken, if indeed there are non-rookies available (unless, of course, every team is keeping as many studs as you are... then it might be close).

Secondly, what's the scoring (can you give us more details than just "PPR")? That might make a difference, as well.

My initial reaction is that I like your WR's a lot more than your RB's, obviously. Acquiring three pieces that might very well not start for you, in exchange for a top-10 WR like Jones, might not make sense (at least in the short-term). On the other hand, all three of those pieces might eventually pan out to something great. Again, depends on what is available, but at the very least, one would think that you will get at least two very solid players (if not three). Maybe not at the level of Jones (this year), but long-term, the odds are in your favor.

Personally, if you're going to shop a player like Jones (and given your current team/situation), I would try to pair him with a RB, and look to get a RB upgrade (with maybe a slightly lesser WR) in return. Or, offer Jones and a RB for a similar WR (hoping the other party likes Jones better) and a better RB. In other words, try to improve at RB without losing anything/much at WR.

The other option is just to stay put. I'm not entirely sure that now is the right time to shop Jones, given that his value is unlikely to get much lower (coming off a season-ending injury, etc.). If you don't make a deal, when are your earliest picks?

Or, just stay put. If that's your team, you're pretty set at WR

wow great analysis Gopher!

its a dynasty league. i said rookie draft because we do an auction draft first and then anyone not auctioned goes into the rookie/free agent draft, so any none rookie will not be drafted until round 3/4.

Its also a salary league so that plays a huge role in trades etc. I am shopping julio because his salary is so low.

I am leaning towards staying put i know my rbs are on the weak end. but we just go back all the keepers so here are some of the rbs avail:

Le'Veon Bell Bishop Sankey Reggie Bush Chris Johnson Joique Bell Ben Tate Stevan Ridley Steven Jackson Knowshon Moreno Pierre Thomas Fred Jackson DeAngelo Williams Terrance West Khiry Robinson Devonta Freeman Lamar Miller

the rookies we dont auction they get picked in the draft. i think i am going to stay put and go big on Bell. I also had reggie bush on my team last year so if his price isnt to high i might match the bid and keep him, even thou i dont like his situation much this year.

I think steven jackson might be a decent player to get in the auction for the right price as well. i also had lamar miller last year so i think i can get him cheap and see what happens in MIA, i think he breaks out this year with competition and a better o line and offense coordinator/scheme.

thanks!

Imo, and our league sounds like it runs in a similar fashion (Dynsasty, auction, salary league with a rookie draft), I'd take rookies and Gerhart.. just my opinion. JJ is an amazing talent (incredible) but there are injury concerns there always... Couple extra picks and Gerhart is a risk too but you're spreading it over upside/potential and young talent... just my opinion I like some picks my way. Obviously if you have JJ at a low salary and you have to mind your cap that's a pretty decent advantage as well.

early rookie RB's might not come out of the gate with a solidified # of carries but for Dynasty: West, Hyde, Sankey all potential impact players in the near future (love the Chistine Michael as well whom you have), but obviously we're talking about this year.. JJ for 2 potentials and a starter (Gerhart). Risky, very fine with rolling with JJ risk/upside but at least you know his talent in off the chart.. I'm intrigued by picks.

Edited by robotpimp
  • Like 1

we share the same thoughts lol. I think what I am going to do is sit on this until the draft starts see who we both get and go from there. There are a couple RBs i am looking at in our auction so if i get them that will help me keep JJ. I am not sold on Toby but there is upside. And there are some WRs in the draft like Golden Tate, who I really like so I will be happy getting them.

Thanks for the insight though, this is a touch call...