[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Picking in the middle, WR first advice

Bravos

I absolutely hate picking in the middle. I play in a league of 8 and this year i received the fourth pick. This sucks because I don't know if I'm gong to get a great QB or RB. I really really really want Jamaal Charles and it sounds unlikely that he might slip to me but I play in a very unpredictable league where last year QB's went first. Im hoping for the same this year especially with the success of peyton manning. However I am debating with picking a WR first, something I have never done. If The first 3 picks go Charles, McCoy, and Peterson, i could get either any QB of choice but there are plenty of good ones later on so I probably won't do that, or I could get Calvin Johnson or Demarlyus Thomas. Just kinda looking for advice on choosing a WR first and what it means i do in the next rounds.

I would say the top 4 is: 1. Charles, 2. McCoy, 3. Forte, 4. Peterson in that order. Take whatever one falls to you. If more than one is there than go with your personal opinion. Others may put them in a different order.

• Like 1

Peterson

Charles

McCoy

Forte (he's 4th unles it's a ppr league imo)

Lacy

Lynch

These 6 RBs should be taken over every other position. I personally rank Peterson 1st due to consistancy. He's been in the top RB arguement for the last 4 or 5 years. All 6 of these RBs are ready to have a huge year and with the lack of quality RBs need to be drafted before any other position.

Getting a RB first especially if one of the three picks ahead of you do not pick a RB should be your plan. The drop off on the elite RB's ends quickly (ends at the 4th overall like Zing said) in an eight team league your lineup needs to be bomb proof no drop off.. going WR with a deeper elite class of WRs doesn't make sense you can still grab AJ Green, Bryant, A. Brown, being in the middle may work out great with 8 teams. QB's unless scoring benefits QB's there are 10 good ones you can wait and load up other positions (RB2, WR2, TE). I wouldn't fault you for going WR in round one but you would be giving someone AP, Forte or McCoy and you would not see Ball or Lacy on the way back (most likely) meaning you will be scrambling a bit on a true RB1. just my opinion