[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help with a ruling

RonSwanson

We have a very competitive league for money and can't get an unbiased ruling on a punishment for something that happened last season or if there should be one. Keep in mind this is about a guy who came in last the previous and only two seasons we played by a very wide margin. Last year we all went out the night before the draft. The draft was at 2pm the next day. He was drunk at the bar the night before and was talking to select members of the league that "he had a better chance the next day if he let the computer pick for him" and everyone blew it off as a joke. We knew the draft date for 3 months and approved it every week until then, to make sure it was good for everyone. This player woke up, logged on, and auto drafted for the entire draft. He didn't answer any of the 10s of phone calls, texts, because he "felt like honda and didn't feel like doing it." He admits that he made the decision to auto draft and ignored everyone. "Everyone else felt like doing the draft and i didn't feel like it." No one else could believe it, but he argues that it was an option that he had so nothing should happen. He literally cannot believe that he did anything wrong. Since he says we did not tell him he couldn't do it, he did nothing wrong but no one in the league feels like that should have to be said. The real disconnect is that he feel that he did nothing wrong. The auto draft ended up picking him an unbelievable team and he ended up winning the league pretty handily and all or the money. To show you the players it picked him, so that you can see he got lucky as frick and the league didn't just suck here's the players he got picked. Matt Ryan, Jamal Charles, Eddie Lacey, frank gore, Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Gronk, and the chiefs D...the chiefs D won him half of his wins. He thinks nothing should happen and the rest of the league varies from the loss of a draft pick to getting kicked out the league. It is a keepers league so it's unanimous he doesn't get a keeper. Sorry about this being so long, Thanks in advance.

No way should there be any type of punishment. He could of done this without auto draft...he could simply picked the player who was highest ranking. There should be nothing negative that happens to this player and all you should do is set a rule for next year stating the commish will select your player if auto drafted and that you will end up with players that are retired or taking a kicker in the 1st round (be creative). Just define your rules.

Since he thought auto-drafting was an option in the league, he opted for that and let it go. Unusual that he won it that way as auto-picking tends to have questionable players selected. I would say let it go this time but let him know of the rules in the future so there is no misunderstandings.

• Like 1

In the league I run its mandatory for everyone to draft so I do agree with u ..you have every right to be mad..in both my leagues everyone has to draft and espiacally when playing for money. I just want to know why you wouldnt want to draft your own team in the first place, than obviously you shouldn't be playing if u dont..i talk to whole league and figure out a date for the draft.so tell him if u dont pick your own team this year than peace him out

It sounds like he lacks the same enthusiasm shared by the rest of the league, which makes him a very poor fit.

With no written rule, I think you have only two options: either no sanctions at all or kick him out.

I think kicking him out would be warranted based on his fundamentally divergent view of what the rest of you want the league to be. But if you don't kick him out, I don't see how you can sanction is team in any way.

Regardless of what you do now, you need to write up some detailed rules. Including language regarding what is "in spirit" with the intent of your constitution can go a long way toward making guys curb questionable behavior.

• Like 2

Have to agree with most of the rest here, make an actual written rule and move on from there.

Nobody in your league would be looking to have sanctions or anything if this guy didn't win the league. When ne auto drafted you probably all figured he'd finish last. But when you lost then you wanted to punish him.

the rest of the league varies from the loss of a draft pick to getting kicked out the league. It is a keepers league so it's unanimous he doesn't get a keeper. Sorry about this being so long, Thanks in advance.

And how much would you be loving his "dead money" if the auto-draft picked him a donkey?

You guys are a-holes and sore losers. He's better off without you, and if I were him I'm rage quit that league.

• Like 4

We have a very competitive league for money and can't get an unbiased ruling on a punishment for something that happened last season or if there should be one. Keep in mind this is about a guy who came in last the previous and only two seasons we played by a very wide margin. Last year we all went out the night before the draft. The draft was at 2pm the next day. He was drunk at the bar the night before and was talking to select members of the league that "he had a better chance the next day if he let the computer pick for him" and everyone blew it off as a joke. We knew the draft date for 3 months and approved it every week until then, to make sure it was good for everyone. This player woke up, logged on, and auto drafted for the entire draft. He didn't answer any of the 10s of phone calls, texts, because he "felt like honda and didn't feel like doing it." He admits that he made the decision to auto draft and ignored everyone. "Everyone else felt like doing the draft and i didn't feel like it." No one else could believe it, but he argues that it was an option that he had so nothing should happen. He literally cannot believe that he did anything wrong. Since he says we did not tell him he couldn't do it, he did nothing wrong but no one in the league feels like that should have to be said. The real disconnect is that he feel that he did nothing wrong. The auto draft ended up picking him an unbelievable team and he ended up winning the league pretty handily and all or the money. To show you the players it picked him, so that you can see he got lucky as frick and the league didn't just suck here's the players he got picked. Matt Ryan, Jamal Charles, Eddie Lacey, frank gore, Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Gronk, and the chiefs D...the chiefs D won him half of his wins. He thinks nothing should happen and the rest of the league varies from the loss of a draft pick to getting kicked out the league. It is a keepers league so it's unanimous he doesn't get a keeper. Sorry about this being so long, Thanks in advance.

wow your league sounds like a bunch of petty little sore losers. I agree with him that there should be no penalty because he did NOTHING wrong. Auto pick is no different from a GM robotically drafting off of TheHuddles player rankings. He didn't do anything wrong or violate any rules. So the computer drafted better than the rest of the GMs in your league. Deal with it. Obviously, the rest of your league all sucked last year.

I agree the owner in question did nothing wrong. He used a tool available to him and won with it.

If the league as a whole is upset with it and as he has to draft his team make it a rule for this coming year and be done with it. He shouldn't be docked a keeper.

All the credit can't be made to the auto draft. Several players you had listed had injuries, supensions, and other problems so you have to give him at least the credit for managing the team. Gordon was supspended for the first 4 games, Gronk was healthy for only 2 games, Lacy had a concussion, and Matt Ryan lost both of he top WRs. There are plenty of problems his team had to face and he managed those problems and still achieved victory.

If i was in his position, and was docked a keeper, I would quit the league.

Yep, it's unanimous. The auto-drafter did not violate any rules, and the rest of you need to grow up. Really a dick move to penalize him for winning the league. You should all be ashamed. I hope he saves you the trouble and just quits.

• Like 2

I literally cannot believe that you think he did anything wrong.

So much for a " very competitive league". You let a guy who auto-drafted win. :rofl:

And then you're going to penalize him too? :tdown:

Pathetic.

I literally cannot believe that you think he did anything wrong.

So much for a " very competitive league". You let a guy who auto-drafted win. :rofl:

And then you're going to penalize him too? :tdown:

Pathetic.

This - and all the others.

Pansy move on your parts to punish the guy for doing nothing wrong.

If it is such a big deal, then vote in a rule that says you must draft in person or yo uare out then hope none of you sore losers has a bad internet connection or family emergency that keeps you from drafting.