[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help with a ruling

RonSwanson

This has to be one of the worst threads I've read in a while. I imagine that the responses he's received so far are not what he wanted to get.

This... and..

Thus the lack of any follow up posts.

that too... :lol:

Was thinking the exact same things. Talk about a "whoops, guess not" kinda thing. :tweed:

I think it's very bush league that he auto-drafted, especially in a league of friends or close people.

You shouldn't have to have a rule in there, cuz it's gay to auto draft.

However, now that he did just that, you have to put a rule in to stop it. I wouldn't punish him because he found a loop hole " Technically you didn't say I couldn't"....Well if I have to write in EVERYTHING you cannot do, the rules would go on forever. Don't be a douchebag about it and we'll move on from there.

That said, can't really punish him.....Unless you make it clear you are all really into it and want a league full of members at the same level.

Edited by Mustangt125

I think it's very bush league that he auto-drafted, especially in a league of friends or close people.

However, now that he did just that, you have to put a rule in to stop it. I wouldn't punish him because he found a loop hole " Technically you didn't say I couldn't"....Well if I have to write in EVERYTHING you cannot do, the rules would go on forever. Don't be a douchebag about it and we'll move on from there.

That said, can't really punish him.....Unless you make it clear you are all really into it and want a league full of members at the same level.

This is what I was getting at. There shouldn't have to be rule that says "show up and draft". Do we really have to write down a rule that says "set your lineup every week and don't start guys on bye or IR"? I am in a league with coworkers that isn't very serious, so autodrafting and the occasional bye week start happen and the only consequences are being made fun of on Monday morning. But in my serious leagues, that honda won't fly. If you don't give a flying truck about playing, then you don't belong.

Because there isn't said rule, you can't "punish" him, but kicking his ass out altogether should be a serious discussion right now.

Nothing worse than a bunch of sore losers. From him winning the league he should be able to deny all you bums your keepers.

If you draft online there will always be the auto draft risk if said persons computer crashes or they just never log in. I guarantee this would never have been an issue if his team would stunk it up. Bad form all around in your league.

This is what I was getting at. There shouldn't have to be rule that says "show up and draft". Do we really have to write down a rule that says "set your lineup every week and don't start guys on bye or IR"? I am in a league with coworkers that isn't very serious, so autodrafting and the occasional bye week start happen and the only consequences are being made fun of on Monday morning. But in my serious leagues, that honda won't fly. If you don't give a flying truck about playing, then you don't belong.

Because there isn't said rule, you can't "punish" him, but kicking his ass out altogether should be a serious discussion right now.

I don't get what's so bad about auto-drafting. It's no different than being a slave to ADP, which much more are than people realize. It's not anywhere similar to skipping lineup submissions - those end up as easy wins for one guy while 10 others get spit. Even if the auto-draft is terrible, that benefits all 11 other owners pretty evenly. If you wanna throw your money away, I accept dead money too.

He should be penalized by not being able to play a QB this year, he'd probably still win! Yay auto-draft!! Wish the NFL had auto-draft so the Vikings could auto-draft and win a friggn super bowl. lol jk.

#ZeroQBTheorem Approved!

I don't get what's so bad about auto-drafting. It's no different than being a slave to ADP, which much more are than people realize. It's not anywhere similar to skipping lineup submissions - those end up as easy wins for one guy while 10 others get spit. Even if the auto-draft is terrible, that benefits all 11 other owners pretty evenly. If you wanna throw your money away, I accept dead money too.

It's not the mechanics of the outcomes that I take issue with, it's the 'I don't give a truck' attitude towards the league.

• Like 1

If your Constitution doesn't stipulate that draft attendance is required then he's in the clear. The only other option would be to add an amendment regarding expelling league members and use that to get rid of him.

Besides that, I'd search for a rock to hide under for letting an auto-drafter win the league. I'd be tough to argue that the guys draft strategy a was wack after he wiped the floor with you.

If it was truly luck then in my mind that makes him dead money going forward. Dead, easy money is a good thing in my book.

• Like 1

The only other option would be to add an amendment regarding expelling league members and use that to get rid of him.

This is just as terrible an idea. Making a rule after the fact and expelling him based on it is the exact same thing as expelling him for something with no rule.

No. One approach is kicking him out with no grounds for doing so. The other is creating a precedent for kicking out ANYONE who doesn't meet the league standards going forward. One is a dick move and the other is standard league business. Big difference.

There is always a chance that the proposed rule will not pass. If it does, then it's obvious that it is something that is important to the league.

Edited by Disco Dave

No. One approach is kicking him out with no grounds for doing so. The other is creating a precedent for kicking out ANYONE who doesn't meet the league standards going forward. One is a dick move and the other is standard league business. Big difference.

There is always a chance that the proposed rule will not pass. If it does, then it's obvious that it is something that is important to the league.

Except your prior post implies you pass the rule now and kick him out now, for past actions that were not against the rules when they occurred. That is BS action.

What I think most of us take issue with is

1) an owner not caring and auto drafting

2) his league mates being upset mostly because he won the league, not because he auto drafted and now wanting to punish him for it

Going forward being the key language. That's not what you said. You said create a rule and use that as a basis to remove him.

I dont know why so many of you are so bemused?

I assume most of you are in multiple leagues....would you want your favorite, most expensive league that you're in with all your close friends that you all desperately want to win have a bunch of auto drafters in it?

The fact that he beat them all and won the league is just embarrassing but isn't a factor in my eyes. It's that he didn't take the league seriously, if you will.

If your Constitution doesn't stipulate that draft attendance is required then he's in the clear. The only other option would be to add an amendment regarding expelling league members and use that to get rid of him.

Besides that, I'd search for a rock to hide under for letting an auto-drafter win the league. I'd be tough to argue that the guys draft strategy a was wack after he wiped the floor with you.

If it was truly luck then in my mind that makes him dead money going forward. Dead, easy money is a good thing in my book.

Agree with this, I'm not a fan of auto-drafters in the league I run with close friends but unless there is a specific rule saying he has to turn up and draft himself then he should not be punished. Now if you want to make that a rule for this season then fair enough but you can't apply it retroactively to suit your own ends.

Serious question. Are you and the rest of your league 12 years old? Because this is the biggest group of cry babies I've ever heard of in fantasy football. He broke NO rules. Period.

True, but this does not change the overall level of douchebaggery. This is fantasy football, not a UN resolution for hondas sake. Just boot his ass (or not) and be done with it.

True, but this does not change the overall level of douchebaggery. This is fantasy football, not a UN resolution for hondas sake. Just boot his ass (or not) and be done with it.

I agree to a certain degree, but as someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, what would have happened if the guy just took the highest-ranked player based on the site's ADP with each of his picks? Would he still have been villified?

It's simple: if you're that hellbent on having the owner actually draft his own team and not auto-pick, create a rule that prohibits auto-drafting.

Since when does there have to be a specific rule violation in order to boot a guy from a league? If the majority of the league thinks he's a DB, then kick him out for being a DB. Autodrafting is just one small piece of evidence supporting his DB status.

I missed the first half hour of a draft last year,and found out I was still stuck on autodraft for the next 2 rounds as I didn't know how to turn it off in CBS Sportsline. I ended up finishing as runner-up, my best finish in that league ever.

I do think that the story in the first post of this thread is fabricated. We see a lot of first time posters that come up with ridiculous stories just to get everyone riled up.

Edited by electricrelish