[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PPR Draft Strategy

meadm525

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has any good ppr draft strategies that I could try to incorporate into my drafts this year. In recent years, I've made sure I picked up a RB in the 1st or 2nd round. My thinking is that I would take 2 top WR's if I was at the bottom of the draft order(8-10). The past few seasons, I've noticed that teams with two top WR's in ppr compete a little easier than those that go RB RB. Unless that team gets a top 5 RB right away. I believe getting guys like Calvin/Dez/Julio/Thomas/Marshall/Green gives you a strong advantage week in and week out.

I don't know the exact scoring yet, but do know that it will be 1pt ppr, 6pts per TD, bonus points for TD's 50+, and points for 100 or 200 yard games.

I thank everyone in advance for their advice. Any advice will help me get a good mindset prior to drafting come early August.

The most important advice any one can giveyou is tonot go in with a set strategy. You have to take into acount the scoring, lineup requirements and size of the league. Work out your rankings and tier the players accordingly. Then, when you pick comes up, look at the top player available at each position and try to guesstimate who will be there at your next pick, so you get an idea of what position the biggest drop off is likely to come from - then draft that spot.

Yes, that is a bit of an oversimplification, but it is the basic premise of value based drafting.