[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Choose between 4 potential keepers

Hi there

New to forum. First post.

I'm in 10 team league. Standard Yahoo scoring. We keep 2 players each year. No penalty and we can keep for max 3 years.

I have 9th pick in non-snake draft.

I can keep 2 of the following players:

AP in round 1

Forte in round 2

Julius Thomas in round 11

Alshon Jeffery in round 14

I'm hedging towards keeping Forte and Jeffery and then trying to trade the other two to move up in draft if I can.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I think you either keep Forte or Jeffery. Having two stars on one team means week after week you need the bears offense to do well at both passing and rushing. Where as if the bears have a bad week you're doubly screwed. My suggestion is Forte and Thomas or AP and Jeffery. I realize you lose both your first and second round picks if you keep both running backs, but both of those two are first rounders. I guess I'm leaning towards AP and Jeffery.

Edited by ImNotSoIgnorant

forte over ap, much better value, a top 5 pick, kept for the 19th selection, forte will be gone by 9 if you let him back into the draft, and if you really don't want both on the same time, keep Jeffery then trade him but read this first:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/418482-is-it-ok-to-have-a-rb-and-wr-who-play-on-the-same-team/

That's great. Appreciate the advice.

Good point about two stars on same team. Didn't impact a lot last year but there were a couple times and bye week of course.

Players being on the same time is completely irrelevant. You draft for best value. If that means players from the same team, so be it. If it means players with the same bye week, so be it. If it means players from different teams with different bye weeks, so be it.

What are your lineup requirements? PPR or not?

Your initial statement says no penalty to keep players, but then you list rounds next to the players - I will assume thatmeans you forfeit that round pick for the player.. butthen, that is essentially the penalty, so could you clarify.

With the draft being a non-snake format, and assuming 2 RB required starters, and assuming you forfeit draft picks to keep players, I think I would lean towards keeping both AP and Forte. Both are top 5 overall rated players and neither would be available to you at the 9th pick. There are very few 3 down RBs that also catch the ball, and you have the opportunity to start your team with 2 of them.

Jeffrey is nice and a very good WR, but, especially if it is PPR, he is the most easily replacable of the players you have listed. Yes, he is great value for a 14th rounder, but he is replaceable. It will be much more difficult to replace the likely value of those two RBs in the draft than it will be to get quality WRs.

Thomas is a clear 4th option here and not even one I would consider with the other options available to you.

I think you should keep AP and Forte. Yeah you give up your first 2 rds but both of those RBs are top 5 overall picks in std redraft leagues. So look at it as your using the 9th overall pick and 18 overall pick for 2 top 5 picks.

Plus in a league where good RBs are hard to find you'd have 2 of the best in the league.

Thanks everyone.

To clarify, yes the penalty for keeping players is I have to take in their respective round.

We start 2RBs plus flex of WR/RB/TE. Not PPR league.

I've done a few mocks with different combinations of keepers and it does seem like keeping AP/Forte still allows me to pick up solid WRs in rounds.

I've also got offer for Jeffery and 7th for extra 4th round pick.